Toronto One Bedford | ?m | 32s | Lanterra | KPMB

You're more likely to see high end retail shops attempt to move west across Bloor.

I can't see that happening. They like to cluster together. Once you pass Avenue going west there's nothing high end. You really think something like, say Birks, could make a go of it at Bloor and Bedford?

And I don't think Apple would want to be here either. 1 Bloor or around there is a much better fit.

I can see the block from Avenue Rd. to Bedford being high end some time in the future. Your across from the ROM & RCM and there's already a high end hotel and music store and 2 high end condos on the way. If one high end retailer were to take a space in 1 Bedford the whole block would probably fill in with others like it. I can see Apple taking a chance because it's a destination retailer, people will find it no matter where it is.

Retail space along Bloor is pretty maxed out, so it is inevitable that it will start migrating west. You won't get Prada here but it certainly won't be fast food anymore. Even McDonald's is on it's way out.

With the ROM, RCM, and UofT right at the doorsteps here, it is not unreasonable to expect to still have retail establishments that will cater to the crowds of people that those places attract along this strip.

... which really does underscore how two different universes do collide at this location. I guess it'll probably be a mix of the two?

Nov 20 Visit

IMG_nov-20-09-0001.jpg

IMG_nov-20-09-0002.jpg

IMG_nov-20-09-0003.jpg

HOLY CRAP!

That building looks like a BEAST from the stadium!!!

It stands out SO much and looks SOO close to the field!!!... This building has AWESOME views to the south cause nothing is obstructing it's views!

NOW... that side of town is looking alot more like a "downtown"

***WOW!.. i haven't been to that site in like 4 months :confused:

I always forget about this one :(

Man I really wish I lived here.
I spent the better part of 4 years here from 2004-2008 all through university and it would have been great to stay close to campus (or practically on campus in this case). I still remember the great little pita place and the Bedford ballroom that used to be at this location.

As for the retail that will go in, I'm sure it will be at least somewhat high end. I don't think any of the places that used to be there (Harvey's, Swiss Chalet, Mac's, Mr. Sub, some dollar store etc.) will resurface. You may not see a Zegna store or anything, at least not right away, but it definitely won't be an Arby's either if you know what I mean.

^ Both KPMB. Wait till they are both done and then we can compare the final products.

I still remember the great little pita place and the Bedford ballroom that used to be at this location.

Pita Factory, that's what I miss the most of the lost restaurants.

Last edited:

Back