Oak & CO Condos | ?m | 25s | Cortel Group | Zeidler

Transportfan

Member Bio
Reaction score
As you have no presented evidence in favour of your views, I see no reason to entertain this discussion further.

Ah, that's always the point that you demand a response for...And here it is: At closer inspection, I do see the project comes close to the creek. But there's no room to leave space if you want it built. Also, a gas station would likely have been built in the triangular plot back in less enlightened times. But not today.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This area map below illustrates ample room for a large development of multiple towers, while providing a meaningful buffer for the creek:

1623275921342.png

The small reduction in developable area could easily be offset by 2 or 3 additional floors.

The additional greenspace and view of same would also likely raise selling prices per ft2, for ravine-facing units.

Last edited:

Bojaxs

Member Bio
Reaction score
This project is proof that people in Canada have lost their minds over real estate. How much did they pay for a unit that overlooks a Walmart parking lot?

Undead

Member Bio
Reaction score
This project is proof that people in Canada have lost their minds over real estate. How much did they pay for a unit that overlooks a Walmart parking lot?

Always reminds me of this scene:

Jeremy Irons: "I mean, the numbers, they just don't add up anymore."
Kevin Spacey: "I agree with you there, I've been saying that for years."

SaugeenJunction

Member Bio
Reaction score
That is a great idea though, I have such difficulty visualizing what is happening in in Oakville north of Dundas.
It’s crazy. A mix of single family homes, townhouses, and condos. Some condos are directly adjacent to farm fields which is quite the juxtaposition.

emphur

Member Bio
Reaction score
It’s crazy. A mix of single family homes, townhouses, and condos. Some condos are directly adjacent to farm fields which is quite the juxtaposition.
That is a great idea though, I have such difficulty visualizing what is happening in in Oakville north of Dundas.

This is by no means accurate, but I made a quick general massing of the developments around the intersection. It's spotty at the moment that's for sure.

oak.PNG