Oakville Oak & CO Condos | ?m | 25s | Cortel Group | Zeidler

As you have no presented evidence in favour of your views, I see no reason to entertain this discussion further.

Ah, that's always the point that you demand a response for...And here it is: At closer inspection, I do see the project comes close to the creek. But there's no room to leave space if you want it built. Also, a gas station would likely have been built in the triangular plot back in less enlightened times. But not today.

This area map below illustrates ample room for a large development of multiple towers, while providing a meaningful buffer for the creek:

1623275921342.png

The small reduction in developable area could easily be offset by 2 or 3 additional floors.

The additional greenspace and view of same would also likely raise selling prices per ft2, for ravine-facing units.

Last edited:
This project is proof that people in Canada have lost their minds over real estate. How much did they pay for a unit that overlooks a Walmart parking lot?

This project is proof that people in Canada have lost their minds over real estate. How much did they pay for a unit that overlooks a Walmart parking lot?

Always reminds me of this scene:

Jeremy Irons: "I mean, the numbers, they just don't add up anymore."
Kevin Spacey: "I agree with you there, I've been saying that for years."

Had it on the list today to fly over but ran out of time :(

That is a great idea though, I have such difficulty visualizing what is happening in in Oakville north of Dundas.
It’s crazy. A mix of single family homes, townhouses, and condos. Some condos are directly adjacent to farm fields which is quite the juxtaposition.

It’s crazy. A mix of single family homes, townhouses, and condos. Some condos are directly adjacent to farm fields which is quite the juxtaposition.
That is a great idea though, I have such difficulty visualizing what is happening in in Oakville north of Dundas.

This is by no means accurate, but I made a quick general massing of the developments around the intersection. It's spotty at the moment that's for sure.

oak.PNG

Back