537     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 393     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 582     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date

Just like Target. it will be more expensive and carry less items than the US stores :mad:

Prices at Muji's Canadian stores will be higher than in the U.S. according to Mr. Tsunoda. This is due to higher operating costs. To keep prices low, "we may have to squeeze profit margin," Mr. Tsunoda said, though he noted a lower margin could slow the pace of expansion. Muji will offer about 2,800 items in Canada, versus 3,500 in the United States and more than 7,000 in Japan.

http://www.retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2014/9/muji-8

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 3J6

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 236745 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Oct 14, 2014

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display three non-illuminated wall signs on the northerly, easterly and southerly elevation of one storey building, in conjunction with a grocery store. **No Frills**

I can't wait until this No Frills opens! I live at Yonge and Bloor and I'm tired of having to go all the way to Cabbagetown for No Frills.

This is the 3rd RBC within 3 blocks.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M7A 2A2

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 237933 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Oct 15, 2014

Project: Multiple-Use Building Other Proposal

Description: Proposal to change use in vacant retail store to a bank on the ground floor level. - New tenant will "RBC" Convienence address is 77 Wellesley St.

Tilley is opening on Front Street in St. Lawrence (next to Hero).

IMG_20141017_143457.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20141017_143457.jpg
    IMG_20141017_143457.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 838
More on Muji:

The 370-square-metre Toronto store will stock 2,800 products – 2,000 houseware items and another 800 related to apparel and accessories. That compares with about 7,500 products that it typically carries at its larger Japanese emporiums and about 3,500 at its nine U.S. stores.

Missing will be its large selection of electric appliances and lucrative specialty food offerings – including its top-selling freeze-dried strawberries coated in white chocolate – because of various labelling, regulatory and technical adaptation issues that would make them uncompetitive.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ferings-but-heavy-on-quality/article21246551/

AoD

I noticed walking past the Atrium on Dundas that the signage for Muji is on the Dundas side close to the LCBO entrance.

I noticed walking past the Atrium on Dundas that the signage for Muji is on the Dundas side close to the LCBO entrance.

Muji's Grand Opening at the Atrium will be Saturday, November 29th at 10am. Most of the shelving and fixtures have been installed, and some product has started to arrive.

In other Atrium news, Black's Photo has closed, which leaves the Eaton Centre shop the closest remaining location. Also as expected, the Halloween store has shut down for the year. This means there are currently quite a few vacancies in the building: Black's, Guess on Yonge St. and the former Ontario Travel Information Centre on the Dundas St. side.

Back