It has started - from this morning:

photo.jpg

AoD

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 770
re: Muji @ Atrium

Well, before we get a Muji there, we will be getting the complete opposite - a Spirit of Halloween "flagship". Small irony.

AoD

re: Muji @ Atrium

Well, before we get a Muji there, we will be getting the complete opposite - a Spirit of Halloween "flagship". Small irony.

AoD

Ah, if that's the case then this is likely what is going to happen:

The Halloween store will be opening again in the former Black's Photo space beside 20 Dundas West, from September to early November.

Muji will be renovating and moving into the former Guess multi-level space on Yonge Street, aiming for a December 2014 opening. It's very unlikely that Muji would be moving into the ground-level only space occupied by the Halloween store if the renovations wouldn't start until November at the earliest, so it has to be the former Guess store. If the renovations start around now, they can probably be up and running before Christmas.

In other Atrium news, the Ontario Travel Information Centre (between the OLG and Spring Rolls) has shut down and is moving to Union Station near York Street. Not sure what is moving into the space just yet...

The renovation and expansion of the Atrium at the corner of Dundas and Bay St. is likely on track, as the offices on the corner will be re-locating to the Edward Street side sometime this fall.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5C 2R9

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 210608 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Aug 22, 2014

Project: First Party New

Description: To 're-skin' front and side of overhanging structure sign on the first storey, in conjunction with a pharmacy. **Rexall Pharmacy**

Ah, if that's the case then this is likely what is going to happen:

The Halloween store will be opening again in the former Black's Photo space beside 20 Dundas West, from September to early November.

Muji will be renovating and moving into the former Guess multi-level space on Yonge Street, aiming for a December 2014 opening. It's very unlikely that Muji would be moving into the ground-level only space occupied by the Halloween store if the renovations wouldn't start until November at the earliest, so it has to be the former Guess store. If the renovations start around now, they can probably be up and running before Christmas.

A slight revision to my previous thoughts above - I just saw the giant signs advertising the Halloween flagship in the windows of the former Guess store. Their website is also listing the store as being located at 306 Yonge Street. If they are indeed using that location until November, is 1.5 months enough time for Muji to renovate and open for their December 2014 target?

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5C 2R9

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 210608 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Aug 22, 2014

Project: First Party New

Description: To 're-skin' front and side of overhanging structure sign on the first storey, in conjunction with a pharmacy. **Rexall Pharmacy**
Awesome! I guess this is taking the empty space where Fitness Source used to be. Glad to have a big pharmacy in the area that isn't in Eaton Centre! I hope it's 24 hours.

Awesome! I guess this is taking the empty space where Fitness Source used to be. Glad to have a big pharmacy in the area that isn't in Eaton Centre! I hope it's 24 hours.

I suspect this is just a sign change as Yonge Pharmacy next to the medical clinic recently became a Rexall.

A slight revision to my previous thoughts above - I just saw the giant signs advertising the Halloween flagship in the windows of the former Guess store. Their website is also listing the store as being located at 306 Yonge Street. If they are indeed using that location until November, is 1.5 months enough time for Muji to renovate and open for their December 2014 target?

I would think so - I can't imagine retail renos taking that long (especially considering the spectre of lost revenues).

AoD

I believe it has something to do with Bauhaus.......

Back