1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 976     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 366     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
7-Eleven branding going up at the south east side at Yonge/Carlton. It'll be nice to have a major convenience store around here. I needed my Slurpee fix.

http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/06bff68ef57611e296a022000ae913db_7.jpg
06bff68ef57611e296a022000ae913db_7.jpg

Last edited:
I find the inside of 7-11 to be very cheap feeling. As if they spend all the money on the signs, and nothing on the inside.

Rexall is really going on with a major expansion in Toronto. Church/Wellesley makeover, now this new concept one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rexall is really going on with a major expansion in Toronto. Church/Wellesley makeover, now this new concept one!

They have to compete/keep up with Shoppers Drug Mart.

Some PATH updates: Bittersweet and Danier are both now closed for renos in the TD Centre. Nine West in FCP is now apparently closed--the hoarding is still blank, so not quite sure whether this is a reno or permanent. Still nothing in the old HMV spot. There is a David's Tea slated to open in the Royal Bank Plaza soon.

David's Tea is opening at Yonge & Dundas too. I can't see a tea shop doing that well here.

??? If A David's Tea is going to do well somewhere, I'd expect it to be at Yonge/Dundas. They are pretty busy everywhere else they are located. Y&D has the benefit of much more foot traffic.

I'd hardly call that a major expansion.

Considering what this corner has looked like for years, huge improvement.

The store is 2 level with escalators.

The signage is up on the the face.

Back