1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 976     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 367     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Does anyone know who leased the former Pistaccio space at 2433 Yonge St. I heard that Cas Life has leased the old Puma across the street.

Casalife had a sign on the Puma building for some time but its off now ! It looks like they are restoring the building / inside and out, maybe that deal is still in place ?

Re Pistaccio , it had a lease sign on it for ages its off now but its not clear at all who if anyone took it.

There is quite a bit for lease on this stretch of Yonge ... its interesting, back a couple years back, the retail stretch just south of York Mills had a lot for lease, whereas this stretch didn't, that's changed up a little.

Moreover, the stretch closer to Yorkmills has gotten more interesting (compared to Eglinton) ... many more unique (and good) restaurants have opened !

Casalife had a sign on the Puma building for some time but its off now ! It looks like they are restoring the building / inside and out, maybe that deal is still in place ?

Re Pistaccio , it had a lease sign on it for ages its off now but its not clear at all who if anyone took it.

There is quite a bit for lease on this stretch of Yonge ... its interesting, back a couple years back, the retail stretch just south of York Mills had a lot for lease, whereas this stretch didn't, that's changed up a little.

Moreover, the stretch closer to Yorkmills has gotten more interesting (compared to Eglinton) ... many more unique (and good) restaurants have opened !

Thanks, I will see what I can find out re:former Pistaccio space and will post.

I think this stretch suffered from the Queen Street phenom, where landlords thought they could charge significantly higher rents to attract brand name tenants. Smaller tenants move north to Yonge-Lawrence village and big brands are hit and miss. Gap does fairly well... MEXX was a bomb. Its a great stretch of retail though.

Assorted PATH changes:

Danier in the TD Centre is now closed, presumably for renos (as they held a reno sale before the closure). Papyrus is going into the old Reitman's space.

Miori has now opened in the Royal Bank Plaza. The Lindt store in FCP has now been open a few weeks. HMV is now closed, with nothing on the hoarding to indicate what might be coming next.

The Essence de Papier in the TD Centre is also closing. They told me their location on Yonge, North of Eglinton has already closed. They are opening a new store at University and Dundas in the fall ("there's nothing there" said the employee, PRACTICALLY weeping).

I've been told it's a kitchen-wares type retailer, didn't get the name though.

You sure ? It still has a least sign / fore sale sign on the top.

There was another much smaller store just to the south "destination" that has been for lease for ages and the sign came off that, I thought that's what you were referring too actually.

You sure ? It still has a least sign / fore sale sign on the top.

There was another much smaller store just to the south "destination" that has been for lease for ages and the sign came off that, I thought that's what you were referring too actually.

This information came to me from an insider that knows the owners of the building. Still waiting on confirmation regarding the retailer's name and scheduled opening date.

Would this be kind of like Bloor Market in Manulife or smaller?

Radically different, new concept focusing on healthy lifestyle products, services etc.
They are calling it Nutshell live life well...a new food and healthy living store and will be about 9,000 SF.

Assorted PATH changes:
Another... Tidy's Florist (now owned by Ital Florist) will be opening in the Richmond-Adelaide Centre facing the food court. It will be their second PATH location (they already have a store in Commerce Court).

Radically different, new concept focusing on healthy lifestyle products, services etc.
They are calling it Nutshell live life well...a new food and healthy living store and will be about 9,000 SF.
Sounds like they are trying to compete with Noah's.

New 7-11 @ Yonge & Carlton is almost ready.

711j29.jpg

Back