Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

I would love to see 2 super-talls on that empty lot behind Aria, next to the YMCA. I think it is slated for a low rise, though....at least it used to be back when Aria was being marketed as a condo. Does anyone know if this site will still see development of a low-rise building?

Are you referring to the property bordered by Bay & Yonge, Wellesley & Breadalbane? I was wondering about that property too & posted about that several months ago

That is the property in question here

The hoarding has been there since Aria went in, as the underground garage was built further east than the Aria tower itself (although, not across the entire lot).

I believe the plan at the time that Aria went in was to build two more buildings in the 12-14 floor range, one a slab running along Wellesley, and one more of a point tower on Bredalbane...

...or something like that. That was a long time ago. Makes you wonder why this developer doesn't sell part of the land off to someone who has a little cash.

From Saturday June 23

652720687_3177f41bf3_b.jpg

ts under construction and the foundation will be done in a few months.

Photos by Sir Novelty Fashion

Taken from his original thread to be found here:
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=5935

On Bay, the two men tasked with building Murano took the day off, but they're finally starting to get somewhere. (Maybe they took my advice and hired an intern.) North side is almost at ground level, south and east sides are already there.

Murano - July 15th

Except for one corner (the north/west corner), Murano is now at ground level! I'd think that would be complete by the end of next week, then up it goes finally

Facing north -

Facing south -

There are 8 workers on-site in the last picture. They are multiplying like crazy now!! Each worker brought 3 friends.

Back