Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

It is not "technically" that......it is that ;)

Except Fall is associated with the leaves changing and all that, whereas Winter is associated with snow, whereas we often have snow in November and December, hence the disconnect.

I just hope if they ever convert this thing to LRT, they use Alstrom Citidas and not the Bombardier Flexity Freedom. Citidas top speed is 100 km/h, Freedom is 80 km/h.

I realize the bus top speed in this is 80, but one would hope you could be allowed to go faster with a device fixed to a track.

80 km/h is quite slow, and the whole Transitway would really benefit from some kind of Tram/train that could reach highway speeds. I mean it's fully separated in some areas, these trams shouldn't be slowing down and speeding up except at stations.

I just hope if they ever convert this thing to LRT, they use Alstrom Citidas and not the Bombardier Flexity Freedom. Citidas top speed is 100 km/h, Freedom is 80 km/h.

I realize the bus top speed in this is 80, but one would hope you could be allowed to go faster with a device fixed to a track.

80 km/h is quite slow, and the whole Transitway would really benefit from some kind of Tram/train that could reach highway speeds. I mean it's fully separated in some areas, these trams shouldn't be slowing down and speeding up except at stations.

The top speed of a CLRV streetcar is set at 80 km/h. Haven't seen one having to even reach that speed.

The top speed of the vehicle is whatever you request when placing the order. Both vehicles are available at 130km/h if you state that's what you want when placing a large order. If you're ordering 100 vehicles, you don't need to rely on what the off-the-shelf line produces for those ordering 5 or 10.

Incidentally, a Toronto subway train maximum speed is 75 km/h (with customers; empty it's a little higher). 80km/h isn't particularly slow for a vehicle expected to stop frequently.

Last edited:
The top speed of the vehicle is whatever you request when placing the order. Both vehicles are available at 130km/h if you state that's what you want when placing a large order. If you're ordering 100 vehicles, you don't need to rely on what the off-the-shelf line produces for those ordering 5 or 10.

Incidentally, a Toronto subway train maximum speed is 75 km/h (with customers; empty it's a little higher). 80km/h isn't particularly slow for a vehicle expected to stop frequently.

I dont think the stops on the Transitway are that frequent. They are more like commuter station spacing. It could benefit from a higher speed.

I dont think the stops on the Transitway are that frequent. They are more like commuter station spacing. It could benefit from a higher speed.

Other than the central section (Erin Mills to Square One) which should be considered more a work in progress than finished implementation, they're not exactly infrequent; they're about 1km apart. That's less GO Rail spacing and closer to suburban subway spacing. For a direct comparison, Confederation line in Ottawa is also an average of 1km spacing.

Time savings from a 150km/h vehicle versus 100km/h may only be a couple of seconds over an entire trip depending on exact acceleration curves, station spacing, etc. as the average speed of both will be closer to 35km/h (includes station dwell time).

If it's being upgraded to LRT due to customer load they're also not skipping stops and station dwell time will be a large %age of the trip.

Last edited:
Took the 109 to Sq One today and Dufferin who doing the ramps and road have both exit/entrance finish on Eglinton. A lot of paving taking place below. They were plaining the eastbound lanes that are out of service at this time on Eglinton.

Dufferin has already stated they would have the ramps completed long before the terminal being done by Buttcom construction.

Cawthra and Tomken Stations are very close to one another; as is Etobicoke Creek in relation to Spectrum.

no bus connections and a 60 spot lot will do that.
Used Cawthra station twice....one time there was one other car in the parking lot when I got there in the morning and that same car (and no others) was still there when I returned in the evening....the other time I saw no other cars in the lot in the morning nor at night.

I drive by it fairly frequently and I never see cars in the lot.

I do not think the 60 car lot is limiting use of the station ;)

Back