Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

Just putting together a piece about the transitway around drum118's photos. Thanks for sharing! And do please let me know if there is anything I should add...

Are you aware that the mayor intends to build the Eglinton West LRT as part of Smart Track?
Had no choice as council wanted it.

Where would that extension be today if the province didn't delay it by 10 years due lack of fund, Rob Ford who kill Transit City and streetcar lines expansion since he hate them to Tory dumb in most part SmartTrack. The SmartTrack for Eglinton was off the wall.

If Metrolinx wasn't blind to see that Tram-Trains could operate in the corridors, everyone could win.

At the same time, "NOT ALL RIDERS ARE GOING TO THE CITY CORE", but transit is built as well roads to do this to the point people have no choice to do backtracking and spending extra travel time to get to/from where they want to go in the first place.

Add ON:
If I use the 2004 ridership projection using GO Double Deck buses, you have 125 buses going one direction at peak time and what does that do to various stations, but most of all Sq One Terminal.??? The roads will never handle those buses 100%.

Last edited:
Just putting together a piece about the transitway around drum118's photos. Thanks for sharing! And do please let me know if there is anything I should add...
Send me a draft of what you plan to publish, as I may suggest adding or changes some things.

I can't do that, drum118, but will post here when it goes live - please comment then and I can quickly update. I am also awaiting a response from Mississauga as well and may use that information to change or enhance the piece too.

July 03
Was late catch the 25 and couldn't get the seat I wanted.

Paving has been place on the east side of the Winston Churchill 403 off ramp and grading on the east side to the underpass.

The underpass structure is wider than Winston Churchill Rd.

The station still looks the same as before with work taking place on the parking lot.

They have built the washroom structure in the same location as Erin Mills and are we going to hear the same bitching about the loction as Erin Mills.

Its possible that this station could be open later this year than wait until 2017 to do it.

Once this station opens, MiWay will reroute 109 to it and then use Wintson Churchill to the north. Route 45 will be stopping here as well.
28050351296_610a8bf6af_h.jpg

28006749251_716a8525f0_h.jpg

28006745861_63119c36fd_h.jpg

27470274444_4d6c8e627c_h.jpg

I was just wondering why didn't they just build the transitway road parallel to the 403 westbound off ramp instead of going over and under the on/off ramps. It would save a lot of time and money.

The westbound off-ramps are already as close to the houses as they can be. There's no room in-between for a busway. Such a busway would also be in the hydro corridor, which probably would not be allowed. Plus, the north side of the hydro corridor is where all the oil/gas pipelines are. You can't build any busway there, let alone a below-grade one.

I don't get the point of this busway. The 403 has an HOV lane. The busway is far from any homes and businesses. The stations are not hubs of any kind and have no amenities except for a super glorified shelter to wait for a bus. Sure it will improve speeds for intra-city travelers, but it wont do much for local costs of transportation . The money spent here could have been better used to build a BRT along a street to encourage densification.

I don't get the point of this busway. The 403 has an HOV lane. The busway is far from any homes and businesses. The stations are not hubs of any kind and have no amenities except for a super glorified shelter to wait for a bus. Sure it will improve speeds for intra-city travelers, but it wont do much for local costs of transportation . The money spent here could have been better used to build a BRT along a street to encourage densification.

It's Hazel's pet project.

AoD

By all these standards, the GO Train system shouldn't exist either.

The West Transitway is pretty terrible. The stations are set far back from the streets, the buses spend an eternity circling on and off of highway ramps, and there are virtually no connections to the local buses.
The East Transitway is amazing.

Back