Toronto MaRS Centre Phase 2 | 112.77m | 20s | Alexandria | B+H

Weird, I was just wondering a couple hours ago if the project was going to go ahead or not. I must be psychic. ;) Great news!

Weird, I was just wondering a couple hours ago if the project was going to go ahead or not. I must be psychic. ;) Great news!

I would not go and buy the champagne just yet - we have been through these rumours before and until I see a real press conference with public announcements I will not start cheering. Sooner or later it clearly will restart but is it now? We shall see!

University Avenue has improved so much over the last few years. In many ways this, along with Shangri-La and RCMI, will be the finishing touches (at least until some of the older properties get redeveloped). If nothing else, there will be no more significant gaps on the grand avenue.

University Avenue has improved so much over the last few years. In many ways this, along with Shangri-La and RCMI, will be the finishing touches (at least until some of the older properties get redeveloped). If nothing else, there will be no more significant gaps on the grand avenue.

Other than the DBS Building (I think) at the NE corner of University and Adelaide and the Four Seasons Centre I don't recall any new buildings built along University Ave. in the last 10 years. What other improvements do you speak of?

Other than the DBS Building (I think) at the NE corner of University and Adelaide and the Four Seasons Centre I don't recall any new buildings built along University Ave. in the last 10 years. What other improvements do you speak of?

The U of T Pharmacy Building on NW corner of University/College (right opposite MaRS) for example.

On Univeristy:

-Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts
-Toronto General Hospital expansion
-Toronto Rehab expansion
-Mount Sinai expansion

Also, nearby:
-Mars phase 1
-the two UofT projects at college/university
-new Canada Life(?) office building at queen/university

Four Seasons and Shangri-La have been the biggest improvements in terms of filling gaps obviously.

I'm crossing my fingers we hear some good news next month.
This should not take that long to complete knowing they are already at ground level.

DBS isn't new. It's a reclad/makeover of a 70s mirrored cube.

A worker was busy clearing the site of snow yesterday.

marsj28a.jpg

marsj28b.jpg

wow.... can't wait to see them pour the fresh concrete on existing old concrete.
i wonder if the same workers will return to the job. gotta be a weird feeling going back to a project after a few years.

Back