Toronto MaRS Centre Phase 2 | 112.77m | 20s | Alexandria | B+H

^ On Saturday there was a crane on University @ Gerrard lifting units on to one of the hospital roofs.

That was Mount Sinai Hospital. I wonder what they are building up there...

IMG_1889.JPG

This project is restarting in October so that is great news.

Great news that this project is confirmed in restart September/October this year.

Its starting in September/October for sure. I am going to get more confirmation, then just a friend who works at MARS.

Wesportly wrote

" I was just discussing this with a customer of mine who happens to be a senior project manager with Aecon and he informed me that the project is scheduled to re start in October. I didn't want to press him too hard for further information but it sounds like something to look forward too".

I got the same into that Aecon is the project manager. They expect to be on site in October.

College Park also wrote:

"Expectations are that cranes will be on site again this Fall: the MRI is in advanced discussions with stakeholders. The empty spaces in the building have filled up again, so I suppose the argument to expand is gaining strength".

This is happening folks. October MARS will restart, workers will be on site.

The project is going to restart in October. Aecon will be on site in October. I believe it is time to take the project off hold for the thread. It starting in October, it is confirmed.

I am just excited this project is restarting in October. One of the most exciting restarts in this city. And very important for our research base in Toronto.

Other forums members have also confirmed what I was told. Expectation is construction will restart in October. So this is not a baseless rumor.

Wesportly spoke to the senior project manager at Aecon who said they are going to start construction in October.

College Park is in direct contact with upper management at MARS, who say that expectation is that construction begins this fall.

My contact at Aecon says construction begins in October.

How is that baseless?

This project is restarting next month.

Aecon Construction will be on site next Month.

My Cousin Pauline email Linda Quattrin from MARS Discovery District.

Thanks for the note, Pauline. I don’t have any information that specific but my understanding has been that a Phase II announcement is expected. Watch the MaRS website (www.marsdd.com) for an update in the weeks ahead. All the best...Linda

Linda Quattrin confirmed that the project was restarting when I spoke with her months ago. The world on the street is that this project will be starting very soon.
Things are looking great.

I know it's only one day after October, but the only activity that's been reported was a crane for the Mt. Sinai work. I did not notice anything a week ago the last time I went by the site. So far no announcement either. What's going on Brans69?

I was really looking forwards to re-start of this project too....so far there are no signs of any activity on this site as I drive by every day.
Brans89 any updates from your reliable sources?

Would it be safe to say that this was the only under construction project in Toronto that didnt survive the credit crunch.

i guess thats the conclusion people are going to start drawing if it doesn't get back on its feet by new years, to bad too. but theres still hope it'll start back up

Back