Toronto Market Street Redevelopment | ?m | 2s | Woodcliffe | Taylor Smyth

Disappointing that they didn't go for another 3-4 more floors on the corner building.

February 8, 2012.

6843463815_6854073da0_b.jpg

Last edited:
I think you are mistaken, the sign about the gym is to direct people around the street works to the Wynn Fitness gym just down The Esplanade.

I assumed it was for this building since it was on the fence and never looked closely at it since its been months since last in the area. Just blew up the photo and it said 98 The Esplanade.

I agree with others that corner looks better than what was there before, but should be as tall as the two other buildings, as it looks out of place now.

I was under the impression that the other building was going to be taller with a setback to match the other buildings, otherwise great improvement.

Sidewalk Widening a go!

The City has approved the widening of the western sidewalk along Market Street. This is the stretch south of Front Street and north of The Esplanade. As soon as the LCBO moves out of the temporary store on Market Street and back into their old/newly renovated space on Front Street, the restaurant conversion should commence.

Attachments

• Final_After5_green umbrellas.jpg
    Final_After5_green umbrellas.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 289
That's great news. This area will be much improved when it's all done. I hope they use the coloured bricks for the expanded sidewalk, like in the rendering.

The City has approved the widening of the western sidewalk along Market Street. This is the stretch south of Front Street and north of The Esplanade. As soon as the LCBO moves out of the temporary store on Market Street and back into their old/newly renovated space on Front Street, the restaurant conversion should commence.

This new rendering is fantastic for its attractive design and paving that's clearly pedestrian oriented and closable to traffic. Hopefully, they use natural stone, or a combination of stone and brick to achieve that colourful look. It's unlike Market Street north of Front Street which was technically pedestrianized but no longer seems to exist in relation to the grid as a street. Here, a roadway is still delineated, preserving a very old and historic street from becoming an ambiguous park or mall, but is nevertheless oriented around the pedestrian and may offer the flexibility of occasional pedestrianization or pedestrianization via closures to non-service traffic. This design is inspiring.

Last edited:

Back