Toronto Luna at Concord CityPlace | 125.88m | 38s | Concord Adex | Core Architects

The renderings make this look all sleek and silver. Somehow I see this ending up the same colour as all the other CP buildings. That would be very disapointing...

Does anyone have the plans for the community centre/school south of Luna? Although I don't expect either building to be THAT tall, but I wonder how many children the school board expects to serve in the CityPlace community.
I'm pretty sure the school will serve a much, much larger radius than the adjacent condos. I guess Niagara St is the neighbourhood school? There's also Alpha on Brant St, but that's an awful alternative school.

TDSB averages about 0.19 students per unit built these days.

I'm pretty sure the school will serve a much, much larger radius than the adjacent condos. I guess Niagara St is the neighbourhood school? There's also Alpha on Brant St, but that's an awful alternative school.

TDSB averages about 0.19 students per unit built these days.
Its gonna be a dual school, by that i mean a Toronto District school board school and a catholic shool. They will share the gym library and stuff, but i dont know beyound that how they are gonna divy up the school. Will it be a shared building (shared class rooms) or seperate units.

Its gonna be a dual school, by that i mean a Toronto District school board school and a catholic shool. They will share the gym library and stuff, but i dont know beyound that how they are gonna divy up the school. Will it be a shared building (shared class rooms) or seperate units.

You've pretty much got it right. While there will be the two schools (first time in history the two boards have done a joint venture), they will share those common facilities. Classrooms and offices will be separate, just gym and library shared. On another note, the schools and community centre are being designed by aA. The rendering I saw (which were posted somewhere on UT, at least one angle) are pretty darn good. From what I understood before, final details are being hammered out and construction could start within a year.

While there will be the two schools (first time in history the two boards have done a joint venture)

How will it be set up differently from the Holy Child Jesus / Humberwood Downs Public / Humberwood Community Centre project in, uh, Humberwood? (427 / Finch area). That one building looks like a pretty serious joint venture to my untrained eye.

How will it be set up differently from the Holy Child Jesus / Humberwood Downs Public / Humberwood Community Centre project in, uh, Humberwood? (427 / Finch area). That one building looks like a pretty serious joint venture to my untrained eye.

Sorry, just going by what the Trustees were saying

May 24:

2520829423_7da18b1b76_b.jpg

2521652076_f8fbf586b9_b.jpg

June 17

Looking west from Bremner near Spadina. The south side of the podium is going to be curved. I did not notice that before.
2588556448_3cf0b6b0e7_b.jpg

Looking southwest from Spadina and Front. They are working on the fourth level of the podium.
2588556458_e27be9a1c3_b.jpg

Back