Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Bridge closed for longer, again! It was supposed to re-open as of today and all be done by October 4.

1724506626441.png

I asked WT if they are also going to remove the ENBRIDGE GAS BRIDGE when they remove the Old Eastern Avenue Bridge immediately south of it. Their response ....That bridge is owned by Enbridge Gas and they will be removing it on their own.

It looked like this in 1989/1990 and has not changed much since

View attachment 589869
I asked Enbridge when they planned to remove this bridge. Their answer...

Enbridge Gas is planning to begin the removal of the utility bridge over the Don River in late October 2024 and anticipates that this work will take approximately 12 weeks.

Please note that this timeline is approximate and may be impacted by inclement weather or other factors.

Enbridge Gas is planning to begin the removal of the utility bridge over the Don River in late October 2024 and anticipates that this work will take approximately 12 weeks.

Please note that this timeline is approximate and may be impacted by inclement weather or other factors.

Couldn't they just implode it?

It looks like their underground work on the EB Eastern Ave loop to the NB DVP is almost finished. The Eastern Ave centre median on the bridge was removed and paved. Assuming the traffic will be pushed to the centre/left or right soon. No pictures.
Lots of changes in this area.

Yes,
It looks like their underground work on the EB Eastern Ave loop to the NB DVP is almost finished. The Eastern Ave centre median on the bridge was removed and paved. Assuming the traffic will be pushed to the centre/left or right soon. No pictures.
Lots of changes in this area.
Yes, I think their bridge over Don has not had an active pipeline for over a year, they put in a pipe BELOW the river about 2 years ago (closer to Bayview.)

They are, but there is a need for some with back rests. Many people need some back support after lengthy walking or standing.
Not sure benches with backs are needed ON the bridges - where the low profile flat ones may look better - and assume there will be some 'full-service' ones installed on the adjacent parkland.

Not sure benches with backs are needed ON the bridges - where the low profile flat ones may look better - and assume there will be some 'full-service' ones installed on the adjacent parkland.

So far most of streetscape benches have been backless. It's not the bridges unto themselves that concern; it's the pattern by WT in the broader Villiers project thus far.

Last edited:

Back