Toronto London On The Esplanade Condos | 102.1m | 33s | Cityzen | Burka

It's interesting to compare the park down the Esplanade here with the green space that Cityplace has included in its main thoroughfare. The esplanade space was designed for people. Cityplace designed theirs for cars, and looks all the worse for it. Oh, what could have been.

img7379.jpg

img7350.jpg

It's interesting to compare the park down the Esplanade here with the green space that Cityplace has included in its main thoroughfare. The esplanade space was designed for people. Cityplace designed theirs for cars, and looks all the worse for it. Oh, what could have been.

CityPlace park will help, but I agree that some greenscaping along Spadina is needed. More greenscaping throughout the city in general is needed for that matter!

I was actually thinking Bremner Boulevard. This could still be achieved on some level if they cut it down to one lane each way and expanded the mid section into each of those lanes. And then of course, make sure there was enough soil underneath to allow for trees to grow and mature over time.

Some great shots from unusual angles. Thanks!

Lobby is now getting worked on in the west building. It will be interesting to see if it looks like the image they show on their website.
I also noticed they have cleaned up the windows to about the 10th floor.
It appears they are getting ready for the first 'Westies' to start moving in.
I imagine that lobby would have to be ready before that starts to happen.
Countdown is on.
About 8 weeks to go for me!:)

There is just nothing attractive about this condo's exterior. I keep hoping for a photo that'll change my mind but it's just sooo blah.

On the flipside, in the above photo, the roof of the railway yard, in a surreal kind of way, looks like a post-industrial version of all the wonderful bridges over the Seine. I can almost imagine a river running underneath!

Back