Toronto London On The Esplanade Condos | 102.1m | 33s | Cityzen | Burka

To the south of this is the Toronto Parking Authority garage (half a dozen levels) with a another dozen or so storeys of TCHC apartments above that. Whatever does get built here eventually, one would want it to address the surroundings appropriately (and creatively) of course. One could predict an L-shaped podium that is sensitive to the Novotel to it's west, with a relatively window-free wall facing the parking garage, and a tower sprouting from the podium and facing Church Street that would be no taller than LOTE's 33 storey tower to the west and Market Wharf's proposed 32 storey tower to its east.

Hope they have an outside terrace.
I'm buying a fishing rod with a good hook.
Mmmm. Free lobster!!!:D

..with my luck I'll haul up a toupee..

Last edited:
DSC01080.jpg

Top of london
click to enlarge

Attachments

• DSC01080.jpg
    DSC01080.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 517
the place has good underground prices too. parked for $6 yesterday from 6pm-6am.

and I thought Smuncky was referring to underground parking ... silly me

great shots! I love this place - its so well thought out and sensitive to its context. More like this please.... I hadnt noticed the angled balconies on the east face of the shorter tower before, cool.

Last edited:
nope not all. My only complaint about Vu is that we didnt seem to get those crazy angled supports (a la OCAD) that are shown in the renderings. You make a good (implied) point... both London and Vu draw on the same sort of inspiration.

Back