Toronto London On The Esplanade Condos | 102.1m | 33s | Cityzen | Burka

I've raised this before and apparently it doesn't bother a lot of people. I'm not sure there'd be much of a price discount.

Crystal Blu, The Uptown and Glas (just to name a few) all have sections that look directly into their neighbours windows.

The buildings are close but this isn't anything new. You just have to hope that your neighbour is sexy and leaves the windows open. Either that or pray that if you neighbour his hideous that he/she leaves the blinds shut.

Here's a layout of the courtyard area. Which kinda shows the space between the two buildings. It helps a little with the views that the buildings are at angles of each other and not parallel.

roof.jpg

We have this in my building as well. Its not so bad as ours is only 4 floors down. The only real concern is safety. There's a garage door that you have to go through to get into the private parking area. Once in a while someone sneaks in when a car is going through. Security keeps a strong eye out for this.
The Richmond at Richmond/Sherbourne operates like this as well.

The Richmond at Richmond/Sherbourne operates like this as well.

I pulled out my old 'Condominium documents' book dated October 2005. (Where has the time gone?)
The landscape illustration of the podium is bit illusury. The architectects drawings in there show the two buildings are for the most part exactly parallel. I measured the distance between the two buildings by relating to my knowledge of the size of some of the units shown in the same drawings and have calculated the distance between the two buildings to be just under 50 feet. It's close but not that bad. The place we are temporarily renting in right now has about 40 feet spacing.
I'll tell you what it reminds me of. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the movie..Did anyone ever see that old Hitchcock movie with Jimmy Stewart and..Kim Novak? or am I confusing her in 'Vertigo'.
Anyhow Stewart plays a guy who is laid up with a broken leg. He spends his days sitting in front of a window watching the people in the different apartments across the way getting on with their lives. That part of the movie, fascinated me and always stuck with me. Anyway, he thinks he sees a bad guy (Raymond Burr) knock of his wife but he's not sure. Great stuff!

The salesperson once said to us while we were tyring to decide where in the complex we were gonna buy. "You don't buy a unit here for the view. You buy for the location." Ya right. We bought on the other side of the building and now expect to have a spectacular view of the city, including th CN Tower, but we PAID.
What the heck. Smile, wave, or moon your new neighbour across the way. Then you pull down the old sun shade or draw the sheers. Such is life in the city ( and it truly is a great neighbourhood).

Last edited:
I pulled out my old 'Condominium documents' book dated October 2005. (Where has the time gone?)
The landscape illustration of the podium is bit illusury. The architectects drawings in there show the two buildings are for the most part exactly parallel. I measured the distance between the two buildings by relating to my knowledge of the size of some of the units shown in the same drawings and have calculated the distance between the two buildings to be just under 50 feet. It's close but not that bad. The place we are temporarily renting in right now has about 40 feet spacing.
I'll tell you what it reminds me of. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the movie..Did anyone ever see that old Hitchcock movie with Jimmy Stewart and..Kim Novak? or am I confusing her in 'Vertigo'.
Anyhow Stewart plays a guy who is laid up with a broken leg. He spends his days sitting in front of a window watching the people in the different apartments across the way getting on with their lives. That part of the movie, fascinated me and always stuck with me. Anyway, he thinks he sees a bad guy (Raymond Burr) knock of his wife but he's not sure. Great stuff!

The salesperson once said to us while we were tyring to decide where in the complex we were gonna buy. "You don't buy a unit here for the view. You buy for the location." Ya right. We bought on the other side of the building and now expect to have a spectacular view of the city, including th CN Tower, but we PAID.What the heck. Smile, wave, or moon your new neighbour across the way. Then you pull down the old sun shade or draw the sheers. Such is life in the city ( and it truly is a great neighbourhood).

So what was the difference in price between the units with the view and the units facing the other building?

That's quite the crane they used to get it down. Rather that use a smaller crane on the roof to lower it down they used a crane from Scott street.

London looks fan-friggin-tastic from that angle. It really is turning out to be a decent addition to the city. Also, I think that is the same crane that was used to take down the tower crane from 1 St. Thomas down - yellow with those two secondary arms extending out near the bottom. How many could there be? Very cool nonetheless!

Absolutely beautiful shot there Torontovibe!
Thanks.
Good Grief! That is one hell of a crane!:eek:

Back