Toronto London On The Esplanade Condos | 102.1m | 33s | Cityzen | Burka

Considering we've never seen a decent render or model of the building, this one might just surprise us all. The south side of the structure has black/dark glass with red bricks.

The north and west sides seem to be making use of various shades/transparencies and reflections of green glass. I'm liking how this one is turning out!

The very last pic kinda does feel a little like London.

Grat shots Casa!
Some very interesing angles.
I absolutely love the that last photo. I found myself staring at it. I saw a photo posted in one of the other threads that showed a Paris cafe with a sidewalk terrace at the tip of a flat iron type building. If only...if only.. Wouldn't that look amazing here. Also, I understand that there might be a pedestrian bridge from the Ltower to the GO building going almost just beside this spot. This has the possibility of being such an interesting corner in a few years.

Attachments

• DSCN2613[1].jpg
    DSCN2613[1].jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 219
just want to thank CSW, drum, and marcanadian (hope I haven't missed anyone) for all the terrific photos today....outstanding! :)

Wow!

Is it me or is that greenish/dark cladding looking good? I like so far and the brick is shaping up nice as well. And some of us thought this was going to suck. :rolleyes:

Brickwork

Ok..So sometimes I can be a little slow picking up on details (sometimes).
After taking a slow walk down Esplande toward Scott St. I had a closer look at the brick coloumning and patterning on those old warehouse buildings.
The new brickwork going up on the podium has virtually duplicated not just the colour and look, but also the patterns! That had to take a lot of extra work and expense on the builders part. I'm impressed. They didn't have to go to that level, but it sure is nice that they did.

How tall is this building going to be?

I love the red brick and glass choices. Original and very English looking! Bravo!

yes indeed, the good weather and Doors Open really got a lot of us out there with our cameras. I was particularly liking the way London was rising up above the heritage buildings on Front East as seen from the park behind the Flatiron building.... I'm really liking the glass colour here, wishing either BA or RBC had gone this route and put some dark glass up in the sky!

Side windows

What do you suppose is going into the side of this podium where those paper wrapped squares are in the brick? They can't be windows. There's zero clearance there against the property line.
Wouldn't you be super pissed if you had windows catching that lovely morning sun, and they ripped out that single storey restaurant and jammed in a building. With real estate prices going the way they are, it's more than just a possibility.
You know what would look cool here? Glass block. That way no matter what happened, there would always be light. It will be interesting to see what they are planning for this east wall. Does anybody know?

Attachments

• IMG_4086[1].jpg
    IMG_4086[1].jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 254
One thing I really like about this building is that at least one of the towers is off kilter- this may have to do with lighting, but IMO it really helps it and works like an added feature, not only for itself, but for the area..I would like to see more buildings/developers utilize this kind of thinking, and not only because they are fulfilling specific requirements, but because they decide to use their properties more creatively than just piling a bunch of blocks on top of one another.

p5

May 28

2532068411_3415d24b33_b.jpg

2532067323_903540b173_b.jpg

(windows on on first floor)

2532882502_c29f6c5277_b.jpg

you can begin to see them putting in the stairs on the double-height units along the bottom to the right of this photo (ish) but they ARE doing it..

Back