Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

two more floors untill ground level judging by the webcam. almost done pouring the 6th underground level. Theve really picked up the pace on this lately.

I drive by this site every morning at 6am and there's always workers already arriving.

There must be at least 12 hours a day of construction at the site.

two more floors untill ground level judging by the webcam. almost done pouring the 6th underground level. Theve really picked up the pace on this lately.

Yeah you're right!... Construction was really slow for the first 3 underground levels, then all of the sudden "BAM!" and we're almost at ground level!

So hard to imagine next year this thing rising... Massive impact on the skyline..

not exactly the most exciting stuff...

by anyways here you go...

4176508223_5ba267d4ec_b.jpg

So close to ground level!... I remember a few months ago I had to aim my camera completely down to capture the progress... now that it's so close to ground level it's easy to get it all!

It will be nice to see this one make it out of the whole. It seems like its been under construction forever already because the whole was so deep!

plus excavation was slow at the end and the first few floors of parking were done slowly also. I just cant wait untill this is finnally out of the ground. /\ BTW it's hole not whole ;)

Yeah... it did take a while...

I remember every time i passed by the thing i would say "STILL in the ground?!"... That was over a year ago... I started giving my attention to the numerous projects around T.O. and before i knew it we're pretty much at ground level now! (1.5 floors to go)!

These past few months construction has sped up alot!

Dec 20 visit

Looks like March when it will hit grade and only yesterday it was a hole in the ground. Where has the time gone?
IMG_dec-20-09-0028.jpg

IMG_dec-20-09-0031.jpg

I was by there yesterday and Boutique's podium totally impressed me. I love the orange/red coloured brick. A breath of fresh air.

Yeah... I was impressed by how good it looked!

I wonder how nicely it'll look alongside Shangri-la... Will it clash?

I can't tell right now cause we haven't seen any on Shangri-la's glass yet! (and we won't for a long time to come... probably in the fall or so)

Back