Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

I think we all forgot about the Shangri-la webcam :haha:

Toronto.jpg

***Webcam location changes every few seconds (or try reloading the page)...

Hey Guys,

I took some screenshots from the Shangri-la promo video... Hope they don't mind :)

This building has a HUGE impact on the skyline from all angles. Period.

These shots will look great alongside trump, ritz, rbc, bay adelaide, etc...

4120262199_96e137acf9_b.jpg

4120261341_b0b48d823a_b.jpg

I can't WAIT for this one to rise :)

good work man! yes, it will definitely work nicely to spread out that central peak of the downtown core. These shots look great even though several other projects are missing as you mention. I cant wait to go for a helicopter ride around downtown in about 4 years from now!

edit: had to go and look at that video again, been a long time since I viewed it. very sexy.

Last edited:
Six weeks in the year to go including the holidays to do 4 underground levels? What are you smoking? They'll be lucky to be at ground level by spring.

It's impressive how fast this one is coming out of the hole. Looks like they should have the underground done by March

It's impressive how fast this one is coming out of the hole. Looks like they should have the underground done by March

I'd also say March to reach ground level. Follow the progress from July to November. Photos below by Hypnotoad, Build Up, steveve, MatrixElement and Jasonzed at SCC, respectively.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

July: August: September: October: November:

Slow but noticeable progress!

Great shots!!!!

Nearing ground level! :)

LOL!!!! I made the list! ^^^^^ WINNA!

I AM OFFICIALLY MISTER SEPTEMBER!!! :D

And mine is the only 16:9 suckas :D!!! lol... jks...

peace :).. and thanks for taking time to put it together dt!

Last edited:
110.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY​

Construction continues on Shangri-La Toronto hotel and residences

Below-grade work continues on the Shangri-La Toronto hotel and residences in Toronto. Construction manager for the 66-storey, 572-unit project is 180 University Management Inc.; the owner is Westbank Projects Corp.

The work includes a fitness centre, retail space, a theatre and eight levels of underground parking. Completion has been scheduled for early 2012.

The project was designed by Hariri Pontarini Architects / James K M Cheng Architect Inc.

Consultants are: Adjeleian Allen Rubeli Ltd. / Jones Kwong Kishi (structural); M.V. Shore Associates (1993) Ltd. / Sterling Cooper & Associates Ltd. (mechanical); Nemetz (S/A) & Associates Ltd. (electrical); and Phillips Farevaag Smallenberg (landscape).

Subtrades include: Aro Excavating Ltd.; Hardrock Forming; Expo Iron Works (structural steel); Salit Steel Ltd. (rebar); Innocon Inc. (concrete); Lisi Mechanical Contracting Ltd.; OZZ Electric; York Sheet Metal Ltd. (HVAC); and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.

Has anybody answered the question as to why the foundation of this building, with its eight underground levels, is so deep, the deepest in Toronto.

Back