Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

I've been up in that cage to floor 35. It is rickity as it goes up. While a bit nerve racking, it really is not that bad. That said, one person on with us had her eyes closed the whole time with her husband holding on to her for support.

The cage construction elevator(s) goes to, I'm guessing, the 50th floor, it doesn't go anywhere near the 60th floor. It hasn't been extended that far up the building yet.

North construction elevator that looks like it goes to about the 50th right now, not the 60th floor as stated.

Dec 1st from N-W:
6448930121_0e74439c42_z.jpg

Dec 3rd from AGO barnacle:
6448930065_cd1161dd32_z.jpg

(both cell pics)

great pics! does Shangri-La flare outwards towards the top, on the east side? it looks like it does in pics 2 + 3, or is that an optical illusion? Never saw that before in the renders..

That box in the middle of the west elevation looks kind of jarring. Hopefully it fits in better once they get the balconies on and they close in the top

great pics! does Shangri-La flare outwards towards the top, on the east side? it looks like it does in pics 2 + 3, or is that an optical illusion? Never saw that before in the renders..

That's just an illusion created by the articulated eastern facade.

That box in the middle of the west elevation looks kind of jarring. Hopefully it fits in better once they get the balconies on and they close in the top

On the contrary, I'm in love with that part of the building. The high quality glass, and location so high up makes it look great IMO

fantastic photos everyone! the glass 2 storey box section on the west side looks fantastic and really adds some interesting elements to the otherwise boring west side..

one thing i noticed is that from University Ave. north, shangri-la doesn't look as tall as i'd expect, and in fact, actually kinda looks taller from the west and more dominant.

Trump looks great as well, though those missing panels are starting to bug me

Back