Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

From today:

6479266751_63fe2efc02_b.jpg

those 2-storey units are STUNNING!. the glass is crazy transparent and huge,, lucky owners... dare i say,these units might be a bit better than the penthouses on the top 2 floors.. just because the glass goes all the way to the edge, unlike the top 2 units which have huge balconies on all sides... i prefer windows that go up to the edge so you can look straight down and all.

great pics, everyone! Shangri-La sent out an email today with a construction update:

Construction Update

We are pouring concrete for Level 65
(out of a total of 66 residential floors)

Glass has been delivered for the last run of estates floors and glass is currently being installed on Level 58.

Topping off the building at the end of November and the crane is coming down in February.

We are framing demising walls on Level 42 while the interior walls have been framed up to Level 39.

Level 26 has been boarded and painted with kitchen cabinetry and bathroom stone and plumbing fixtures installed.

Also some sales info on the newly released penthouses:

"Westbank’s President Ian Gillespie recently announced details of the release of four ultra-luxurious, exclusive new penthouse suites on the 65th/66th floor, quickly pointing out that there are actually only three available, as one has already been sold to Gillespie, himself.

These newly released suites will range in size from 3300- 3500 sf., and will feature private internal elevator service, unsurpassed features and finishes, and a massive terrace of approximately 1,400 sf. Priced at over $9 million, these corner two storey penthouses will be the highest terraced residential suites in Toronto."

awww yeahhh... shangri-la is forever under-construction in Drakes' new video Headlines:
BTW: the elevator going up and down at the CN tower is kinda cheesy....

[video=youtube;cimoNqiulUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cimoNqiulUE&feature=share[/video]

nice zoom ^^^ the owners of the 2 storey units are so lucky! I can't get over how awesome they are!

i guess there is 1 more floor (mechanical) left to go...

on a side note, this thing also has a green roof right?

This building and it's reflective Blue Glass, belong in the tropics.

This is a Miami/Dubai/Hong Kong/Singapore palm trees and coconut building.

The fact it will have to go through Canadian Styles Winters is very sad for me.

More green glass perhaps? Curtain wall here should handle our extreme seasons better than standard glass panes, I'm confident the lucky owners here will be very comfortable.

nice zoom ^^^ the owners of the 2 storey units are so lucky! I can't get over how awesome they are!

i guess there is 1 more floor (mechanical) left to go...

on a side note, this thing also has a green roof right?

Luck has nothing to do with it.. it's all about the $19Million cost!
And if one has $19 Mil to throw around for a condo, then I suppose they ARE lucky! ..Or hard-working. ..but prolly just lucky LOL

No $19 Mil units in Shangri-La. The two floor units up the west side went for $7.4 Mil (one might still be available - it was a month ago), while the 4 penthouses on the roof are $9.3 Mil. 3 of the 4 were available in late October. Don't know about now. Those penthouses have landscaped roofs including trees, but I am not sure if they quality as green roofs. Don't know about the area above that.

Back