Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

I think the idea to mix marbles was done to add some variety to the building much as they used different "clear" glass for the podium at the the SW and North of the main "blue glass". I am thinking they wanted to add variety to different parts of the structure because it is such a large imposing structure. Personally, I love both marbles thought the white with black is certainly more striking in my view. Also, if I understand correctly, the white marble is over the area where the cars will drive in/out onto Adelaide and also at one of the entrances to the condo residences. Perhaps they wanted to dress up more the area at the entrance to the condos to make it more "chic" in appearance.

`
shangn25.jpg

I know it has been said many times before but...

THAT GLASS IS FRIGGEN' PERFECT!!

wow.. the south side of the building looks SOOOO alike Four Seasons.. the way the balconies are in the corners, the way the vertical strips go down the center, and the way the balconies end near the bottom to be replaced with glass... crazy,

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 07 232946 BLD 01 NB Accepted Date: Nov 28, 2011

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: REVISION - to add 30 residential units. Proposal to construct a 66 storey hotel and dwelling building

Back