Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Second time the media's referred to the '49-storey tower.' So what is it, 49 or 57 storeys?

It sems to be a mistake of the author, who also stated that the theatre is 49 years old, and most likely confused the age and height numbers.

Sometimes stuff just doesn't get posted. So, I don't see what's unreasonable about it.

Slowly this forum is becoming a grumpy place like every other forum seems to eventually... where is the love? Geez

The love left when select individuals on this board decided to police like it was their duty, knowing full well there are moderators for that kind of s--t already in place.

p5

From this morning's Globe and Mail:

Sony Centre, developer confident of deal soon

JENNIFER LEWINGTON
May 15, 2009

They missed one deadline but key players behind plans for a condo tower above the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts are still confident of wrapping up the deal before long.

"Things are moving forward with the developer and we anticipate that the closing will occur on or before July 10," Sony Centre CEO Dan Brambilla wrote in an e-mail response to The Globe and Mail yesterday.

Similar optimism was echoed by Alfredo Romano, a principal of Castlepoint Realty Partnership, a partner with Fernbrook Homes in a proposed 49-storey condo tower atop the Sony Centre. "It is so very close," he said in an interview late last week.

City council last month extended to June 30 a bridge loan of up to $5-million to the Sony Centre. The loan allows the 3,000-seat venue to carry out $25-million in renovations for a reopening set for January, 2010, without having to wait for proceeds from the real estate deal to pay for the makeover.

Still, some city councillors expressed frustration at the time it has taken for the Sony Centre and the developer to close a deal originally expected by April 1.

A couple more weeks and we will know if this is a go.:)

I really hope this one moves forward, but I wonder how this new deadline is going to be met.
How are they going to go ahead with this project without a firm plan for parking?
The parking for this building is supposed to be across the street at 5 Esplanade.
It would seem to me that they would need a firm go ahead for both buildings to go ahead at the same time.
..or am I missing something here with my logic..

Back