L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

A

AlvinofDiaspar

allabootmatt:

Alsop? His portion of the project isn't on sale yet though.

AoD

I

interchange42

Yeah, Starck's a character, but not as well known to Torontonians as Libeskind. That said, I belive that the Starck condo is selling reasonably well, without exactly having sold out.

A

andreapalladio

Do you think? I think pretty much all of the design-savvy Toronto population has been to Target to buy Mr. Starck's products by now.

I

interchange42

I'll agree, but Libeskind's name has now likely reached beyond just the design-savvy to include the evening-news-watchers as well, what with that pointy thing opening up on Bloor soon...

A

andreapalladio

I s'pose, yes. Perhaps they've also been snapping up his book from the remainder tables (it always irks me to see a book I paid full price for on the remainder tables).

G

gbelan

looks like castlepoint partnered up with fernbrook and cityzen
developments.not to crazy about the name .

Y

yyzer

interesting to see Fernbrook in there....1st absoluteworld, now "L", it seems that Fernbrook are the ones building some iconic towers in the GTA! 8o

B

blixa442

Excellent news. For some reason I never took this proposal seriously, but they're actually going to give this one a try. It'll be interesting to see how the market will respond. All these new proposals are getting more audacious by the day.

U

unimaginative2

I'm pleased to see it seems to be moving forward. I'm sure it'll be a big success, since the Libeskind design will be a bit selling point, and the location is excellent.

Front and Spadina also occasionally smells like sewage. I assume it's because of the Front Street interceptor sewer.

A

adma

Why does the area from Yonge & Front St E to Front St E & Scott often smell like sewage exhaust?
If we go with the "L Word" metaphor, it'll soon smell like sushi

G

ganjavih

groan.gif