Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

allabootmatt:

Alsop? His portion of the project isn't on sale yet though.

AoD

Yeah, Starck's a character, but not as well known to Torontonians as Libeskind. That said, I belive that the Starck condo is selling reasonably well, without exactly having sold out.

Do you think? I think pretty much all of the design-savvy Toronto population has been to Target to buy Mr. Starck's products by now.

I'll agree, but Libeskind's name has now likely reached beyond just the design-savvy to include the evening-news-watchers as well, what with that pointy thing opening up on Bloor soon...

I s'pose, yes. Perhaps they've also been snapping up his book from the remainder tables (it always irks me to see a book I paid full price for on the remainder tables).

looks like castlepoint partnered up with fernbrook and cityzen
developments.not to crazy about the name .

interesting to see Fernbrook in there....1st absoluteworld, now "L", it seems that Fernbrook are the ones building some iconic towers in the GTA! 8o

Excellent news. For some reason I never took this proposal seriously, but they're actually going to give this one a try. It'll be interesting to see how the market will respond. All these new proposals are getting more audacious by the day.

I'm pleased to see it seems to be moving forward. I'm sure it'll be a big success, since the Libeskind design will be a bit selling point, and the location is excellent.

Front and Spadina also occasionally smells like sewage. I assume it's because of the Front Street interceptor sewer.

Why does the area from Yonge & Front St E to Front St E & Scott often smell like sewage exhaust?
If we go with the "L Word" metaphor, it'll soon smell like sushi

groan.gif

Back