Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

It's all about people

I got permission to put this video together from images originally presented in a slideshow at the L Tower's topping off celebration in early October and which are now posted on CityzenGroup's facebook page. The photos were taken by the Toronto photographer Cole Garside. The original slideshow idea was from the event planner Candice Sinclair of "A Sinclair Affair". The pictures are courtesy of Cityzen Group, Fernbrook Homes, and Castlepoint Realty.

[video=vimeo;52665756]http://vimeo.com/52665756[/video]

To see the video in bigger size and at higher resolution go directly to either Vimeo or YouTube.

There was something bizarrely sexual about that entire video. I think it had something to do with the combination of pictures of highly masculine men pouring concrete and the pelvis-gyrating beat of that Muse song.

Here are some shots from this afternoon:

42sxU.jpg

H4m2t.jpg

Ef9fF.jpg

INCREDIBLE pics someMidtowner! Especially the one from (what looks like) Success and of course the one from the 45 bay parking lot! beautifully crisp!

Penthouse Suites

Thank you someMidTowner for the interesting photos. I especially like the pictures taken from Pinnacle Centre and CN Tower. They give us a good idea about the penthouse suites on floors 57 and 58, which apparently are "two-storey living spaces with high ceilings up to 14 ft tall." I had never noticed this before and now used someMidTowner's photos to zoom in.

8183990408_97212d941a_o.jpg

8183990596_b3dce35044_o.jpg

When looking for additional information, I came across this Stephen Weir article from March 2012.

I would hope they would be more than 14 foot ceilings. 17 at least I would think, maybe as much as 19?

Udo, Skyjacked, and someMidTowner: You guys have really outdone yourselves lately with some jawdropping photos, videos, etc. I think you have made this one of UT's most popular threads, by a long shot. I suppose the L-tower itself deserves much of the credit, but you guys continue to deliver amazing pics and inspire newbies like me. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Correction

I would hope they would be more than 14 foot ceilings. 17 at least I would think, maybe as much as 19?

My mistake. I wasn't thinking when I just used the number I had seen in the Stephen Weir article. The ceiling height is actually 10 ft per floor from the 54th floor upwards, which makes the 2-storey penthouse height actually more than 20 ft. Here is another close-up of the penthouse floors from a photo I took on Sunday:

8184950930_7cdcaafbf1_o.jpg

You can clearly see the big wide open space on the SW corner of the L Tower at level 57 and 58. This however seems to contradict the floorplan for the 2 storey PH02 (Design QQ1) suite which is published on the L Tower website. There the open space is much more limited.

8185199838_a4753e93d3_o.jpg

Maybe they combined the suite with an adjacent one (or two) and changed the plans. Who knows?

Last edited:
The layout for that 2 bed + den looks amazing but I don't fancy the living area space 'open to above' where the master is.. if someone stays over you lose all your privacy :( I would definitely install some kind of glass wall there

Back