Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Architectural Winker (misprint)
_46702171_daniel-libeskind512.jpg
photo.jpg

e78f8958407397c45e087d6cac59.jpeg
91759.jpg

The L Tower should wipe out the last sliver of sky from Commerce Court.

ltowergap.jpg

Really like this shot.
A superb effect of contrast, light, and balance.

Some pics taken today. The columns for the corner cut are starting to take shape

IMG_1525.jpg
IMG_1527.jpg
IMG_1519.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1525.jpg
    IMG_1525.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_1527.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_1519.jpg
    IMG_1519.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 353
thanks for posting those updates Atlantis ^^^
the corner columns are coming together. can't wait to see this thing at least 10 floors up. it doesn't look like much now but this is going to be one big building.

yea by about 10 stories I think we'll see the entire corner cut and maybe get a better view of how the angle on the north side is progressing.

Haha ^
l tower is sorta pIckng up pace. Ive always found this area of the city very awkward ( it includes most of the southern side of front street and the railway tracks area). It's the edge of the cbd And there is huge drop off with all these financial district skyscrapers (not to mention on our skyline). it is strangely completely open especially after exiting the core... So yes, this tower will have nice impact and to a good extent change the area. The drop off zone will be lessened (at least from a distance)

The northern crane (nearest Front Street) is gong to be coming down next week and the area it sits on will be made into the Sony Centre plaza as soon as it's gone. The area beneath is Sony space and is needed by Sony by September.

Didn't have time to get a pic, but driving by on Front this morning, it looks like a lot of progress has been made. Looked like they will be ready to pour the third floor very soon. Also, I noticed from the westbound Gardiner last night that the construction is becoming visible from that vantage.

I didn't realize that the podium level had already been completed. Maybe it got lost in all the talk about bicycle and cars :).

What's an RCS system by the way, and what does it have to do with that floor? Does anyone know?

I didn't realize that the podium level had already been completed. Maybe it got lost in all the talk about bicycle and cars :).

What's an RCS system by the way, and what does it have to do with that floor? Does anyone know?

i think it's the sony centre podium, which has been complete for some time (if that's what they're talking bout)

Back