Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

We definitely need some quality architectural lighting on at least our new towers. Some recent buildings have some sort of system have lighting at the top which is too dim. And may the owners keep the lights on and show some pride in their city.

The CN tower already looks like a dragon ball z show, you guys want to light the top off this bad boy then ring pink LEDs down to the 30th and then alternate between baby blue and pink down to ground?

Can't see anything too dramatic here, the architecture speaks for itself, this isn't one of those towers that needs to build a gigantic "light-box" on top of it to receive attention.

If there is any lighting, it will be very tastefully done.

looked like they were working on forms for the 2nd storey today

So steveve IS that kid in they were talking about in the news with the model of the city. I didn't think the name was a coincidence. Awesome work, dude.

This project has really flown under the radar, which is surprising considering how anticipated it is. I gotta believe that the loss of the boot took the wind out of a lot of people's sails. I bet in a few weeks when this thing is several floors out of the ground there will be a sudden rush of attention to this project.

Wow!
This one is now past the slow boring part. Expect a week to ten days per floor from here on. That cement pump will keep things moving at a brisk pace till the next few floors outgrow it.
Everyone knows how tall this beauty is going to be, but I suspect there are going to be a lot of amazed people when it gets up there.

i am also shocked by the progress!
amazing how even when this thing gets to about 10 stories, it'll look huge. it's got a fairly open plain around it so we should be able to see it from all over the place. all of the sudden i am very excited for this one!
with better cladding, this one could be easily better than the Ritz Carlton.

It sucks that the boot was kicked out (ha!) as it would have created great street presence in an area that needs it badly. All around that corner are buildings that don't open up to the street.

The Sony Centre is only busy on show nights, the patio on the NE corner is never bustling, the Hockey Hall of Fame has no entrance there and the historical building on the SE corner just looms over the sidewalk with no openings to the street. L Tower will do the same with its green wall hiding the condo entrance.

The tower will look gorgeous from afar but it brings little to street level.

Back