Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Some of London's parking is going to be above ground in a garage at the north end of the lot. The hole they are digging is pretty deep, so maybe extra space was allocated in that project for something at the Hummingbird.

^ There was a plan for a "Green P" public lot in the podium of London. It was my understanding that it was rejected by the city. So I'm not sure if the current plan at London has any additional parking in the podium or if it is all underground and for residents only.

Had the L Tower come along a couple years ago it would have been a nice fit/partnership to include parking for the L Tower in the London podium (at the rear of the site - the plan has units facing the street in the podium).

The cladding materials will determine how successful the L tower is. It has the potential to be quite stunning... we'll see.

Shoe leather?
fp2shoe2.jpg

Why does the area from Yonge & Front St E to Front St E & Scott often smell like sewage exhaust?

I passed by and noticed that there are sewage manholes on the southwest corner of front and Scott and at the south-east corner of Front and Yonge. While most sewage manholes go un-noticed, I'm guessing that the way the sewage connects at this point, makes the smell surface to the street.

If the smell persists, then maybe they ought to choose a different visual metaphor
oldenburg_clothespin.gif

SNF: You're referring to the slit in that exuberantly stupid Mandarin Oriental, n'est-ce pas? That building looks like it's a Pudong refugee, having escaped certain puncture by one of the obnoxious boys there. It'll find less in Atlanta to worry about.

The elevations look terrific. People complain Toronto isn't getting any unique, iconic stuff...this one definitely fits the bill. It's in a great location too.

There's no justice. Even if someone tries to build a yonic skyscraper, it still comes out phallic.

One could always reverse the thinking and call the phallus iconic.

Back