Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

How many spots are there at the lot? 2-300 max? It's going to be mostly single occupant - losing what, 3-400 customers/d? Boo-hoo. You could probably get more net benefit out of those lots with condos.

AoD

How many spots are there at the lot? 2-300 max? It's going to be mostly single occupant - losing what, 3-400 customers/d? Boo-hoo. You could probably get more net benefit out of those lots with condos.

AoD
At Islington ... at the three lots they have 977 spaces

Islington Main Lot - 3330 Bloor Street West:
  • Capacity is 534 spaces.
Islington Lomond Lot - 20 Lomond Drive
  • Capacity is 283 spaces.
Islington Fieldway Lot - 22 Fieldway RoadPrice change effective January 4, 2017
  • Capacity is 160 spaces.

At Kipling ... at the three lots they have 1465 spaces
Kipling North Lot - 120 Subway Crescent
  • Capacity is 564 spaces.
  • 8 accessible spaces.
Kipling South Lot - 400 Munster Avenue
Price change effective January 4, 2017
  • Capacity is 829 spaces.
  • 9 accessible spaces. Note: there is no accessible entrance to Kipling Station from this parking lot.
Kipling Subway Crescent Lot - 95 Subway Crescent

• Capacity is 72 spaces.

At $6 rate per day, these spaces are generating ~ $14.5k / day, $73k / week (Mon-Fri) or ~$3.8m / year.

Last edited:
Only three bays? That's interesting. The TTC operates three bus routes (37, 50, 110) out of Islington Station, and they always like to have at least one spare.
Is this true anymore? I went up and down with them during the public process for Woodbine Station, because they changed the design to only have 2 bays for 3 routes, and they said that operations had signed off on this.

Similarly, when they eliminated 2 bays at Pape, leaving only 3 (albeit the 25-bay being double-long, but often having 2 buses in it), I raised the promise about a Don Mills Rocket (now the 185, but then a pipe dream) - and they said operations was fine with that too. And it seems to work, with 25 and 185 sharing the long platform.

(which makes me wonder why we need so many bays at some of the new builds).

I guess Pape won't need any bays once the Downtown Line is built.

When you have at least half of city council going along with him, he's only part of the problem.
Yeah, and the same goes for Tory and Ford, and others before them. They had/have only one vote on council. Any damage they've done/do is with the majority of Council voting for it. Sure they have influence in whipping votes, but at the end of the day, in a democracy like ours, you get what you deserve by voting for it.

If they want to add more parking they could instead look to:

(1) sell the Kipling parking lots north of the station to a developer and in return receive ownership of a number of underground spots in the new development;
(2) Expand the GO parking lot to the east (grassy area with a number of hydro poles they would have to work around); and
(3) as part of the street reconfiguration and new Etobicoke municipal building include parking for the TTC

A parking deck seems unnecessarily expensive for the goal

The problem with development where the north lots are is the hydro towers. As it is, the hub had to be redesigned to appease hydro as the building was situated under the lines and too tall for their liking.

TTC doesn't own the parking lots land. TTC is leasing the land from Hydro One. Therefore, Hydro One calls the shots as to what can be built on its land as well where.

The only area I am not sure if TTC does own the land, is west of Hydro One corridor on the north side.

Other than the recladding of the subway level walls and the revamp of the bus bay concrete steps, does anyone know what's up at kipling station? Lots of boarded up sections on the bus level.

Other than the recladding of the subway level walls and the revamp of the bus bay concrete steps, does anyone know what's up at kipling station? Lots of boarded up sections on the bus level.
Complete reconstruction of the bus roadway, along with roof replacement along the bus bays.

To add to my above post, this project is way behind schedule and wont be completed by the March 1st projection:

upload_2018-2-20_18-32-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-20_18-32-56.png
    upload_2018-2-20_18-32-56.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 399

Back