Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

I would think Square one would be much sensible then Sherway, but fair enough.

See what I mean? People will be putting forward competing proposals for where the extension should go - and the last thing in anyone's mind would be the need for a bus terminal that should have been built two decades ago.

The time to sort it out would have been this year, before Etobicoke Councillors cast any more votes on the Scarborough Subway. Could have done a mutually beneficial deal. As it is, Etobicoke will back the one-stop and get nothing in return.

If I maybe blunt and crude - they don't give a sh*t about a subway extension which they may or may not get - what they really care about is that you don't toll the Gardiner.

AoD

Last edited:
I'd rather Sherway than Square One.

Sherway puts an end to extension talks beyond that point. There is significant development potential around Sherway, and chance for a transit hub with a potential Queensway LRT.

I'd rather Sherway than Square One.

Sherway puts an end to extension talks beyond that point. There is significant development potential around Sherway, and chance for a transit hub with a potential Queensway LRT.
They could always just branch the line at Kipling with one branch going to Square one and the other going to Sherway, but unfortunately, neither of these are going to happen anytime soon.

I think there would only be an extension of the Bloor Danforth line to Square One if Mississauga where to pay for their part of the line like Vaughn is for their portion of the Extension of the Spadina Line.

either way mississauga is better off w the missing link and a possible rer tunnel from cooksville to city centre. all day rer service on milton line benefits the entire city not just the east end (assuming the subway doesn't go west of city centre). extend the subway to cloverdale or honeydale for buses to have easier access to the 427 that would be great.

I'm not being helpful, but fairness demands that I point out ....

Kipling is the right place to terminate the subway and start building a cheaper surface LRT option that fits the ridership forecast and keeps cost lower.

-Paul
Same applies to Cloverdale though?

Sherway is just thrown in there to satisfy other political interests to make the project actually happen.

Same applies to Cloverdale though?

Sherway is just thrown in there to satisfy other political interests to make the project actually happen.

Yeah, actually Cloverdale is reasonable in terms of taking traffic off Dundas and providing a hub for lines to the west.

But if it were pushed further, many of the same arguments against the STC extension will come back to haunt us.

- Paul

But if it were pushed further, many of the same arguments against the STC extension will come back to haunt us.
I don't think they will. Etobicoke won't oppose transit expansion in their borders. Old Toronto would support logical subway expansion. North York and Scarborough's "Subways. Subways, Subways" position will come back to haunt them if anything.

The way STC can come back to haunt us:

STC to Queen by subway: 21.61km

Kipling to Queen by subway: 15.13km

Square One to Queen by subway: 25.13km

If Mississauga begins demanding a subway, they can point to the extension to STC as a justification for their own white elephant.

If Mississauga begins demanding a subway, they can point to the extension to STC as a justification for their own white elephant.

Except they will have to pay for the Mississauga portion of it just like Vaughan did - and good luck to them on that score. MCC is doing relatively fine - there is no latent demand for a subway as ego boost.

AoD

I think there would only be an extension of the Bloor Danforth line to Square One if Mississauga where to pay for their part of the line like Vaughn is for their portion of the Extension of the Spadina Line.
Let's be clear....Vaughan is not paying for the subway extension....York Region is.....so your analogy might be better if you wondered if Peel Region was willing to pay for a B-D extension.

Back