Toronto King East Centre | 140m | 39s | First Gulf | WZMH

Princess is being closed, as noted in the posting, to add a 3-floor addition to the west section of the building. "Street Closures coming for 3 storey addition to Sun Building."

Toronto Sun Building Re-development (333 King St E)

Have been following this thread for quite some time but this is my first post.

Not sure if this has been posted already but here is an update from First Gulf confirming CIBC will occupy the space next to Dollarama and a rendering of renovations for the new Coca-Cola space.

http://www.firstgulf.com/search-details.php?id=59

*Check Marketing Package*

Here's a clearer photo from their media release section of their site:

coke_e-blast_v2.jpg

LINK TO PHOTO:
http://firstgulf.wordpress.com/2011/10/11/first-gulf-announces-new-head-office-for-coca-cola-canada/

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted already but here is an update from First Gulf confirming CIBC will occupy the space next to Dollarama and a rendering of renovations for the new Coca-Cola space.
If you stand at the entrance to Staples, you can see a huge sign on the wall, saying CIBC opening - January 30th if I remember correctly.

I like it, there's something kind of retro about it. I assume that's King & Princess facing east. It's interesting to note that Loblaws is currently livening up 3 previous dead zones. 333 King, MLG and Bathurst & Lakeshore.

Is there still a plan to put a ten story office building on the eastern side of the lot? (I believe there were initial renders?)

Is there still a plan to put a ten story office building on the eastern side of the lot? (I believe there were initial renders?)

It is now apparently offices and residential and in the 10-15 floor range but I have not seen renderings - probably too soon for that. UPDATE: I spoke too soon, see http://www.firstgulf.com/ There's n 'artist impression' rendering plus the latest leasing informtion.

Last edited:
Is Coca Cola taking the three additional floors plus the two floors below, or only the extension?

Btw, any information about the building across the street, next to SAS? I remember some renderings floating around, but I'd like more information about that building. Another sweet mid rise for this district.

Last edited:
Is Coca Cola taking the three additional floors plus the two floors below, or only the extension?

Btw, any information about the building across the street, next to SAS? I remember some renderings floating around, but I'd like more information about that building. Another sweet mid rise for this district.

Only the extension.

I guess the other thing to note, based on the sale brochure, it looks like the name of the building is now the King East Centre.

It's good to see non-financial, non-media companies taking an interest in having their HQ in the core. So many of these consumer-y
E operations (eg Loblaws) have their main offices in the 905. Does anyone know where Coke is now?

It's good to see non-financial, non-media companies taking an interest in having their HQ in the core. So many of these consumer-y
E operations (eg Loblaws) have their main offices in the 905. Does anyone know where Coke is now?

Where would you put SAP in your lexicon? Their building was really the revival of King East in a lot of ways, even though other info tech companies have been in the area for a while. I agree that it's nice to see a mix -- GBC's much greater footprint helps, too.

Back