Toronto King East Centre | 140m | 39s | First Gulf | WZMH

from @JShamess twitter feed.....

"First Gulf developing 333 King St E to add 3 stories and 100,000 SF for Coca Cola Canada's new head office."

The extra 3 floors were reported in July, here's ther permit

Application#: 11 234821 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jul 8, 2011

Project: Office Addition(s)

Description: Proposal to construct an additional 3 floors over existing 3 storey office building. Only shell to be constructed, interior permits to be applied for at a later date.

The rumour in the neighbourhood has certainy been it was for Coke.

Cladding on Front Street Frontage..

toronto_sun2.jpg
toronto_sun1.jpg

(Click for full size)

Attachments

• toronto_sun2.jpg
    toronto_sun2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 366
  • toronto_sun1.jpg
    toronto_sun1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 408
More pics of Front Street facade - Toronto Sun building

I took these yesterday.
- The pic that goes from west to east on Front Street, shows the section (red brick) where Michael's Art Supply Store will go.
- The pic with the bricks removed (from top to bottom) was taken from approx. Berkley & Front Streets.
- As for the more close-up pic, taken on Front Street, if you look very closely, you'll see a set of stairs (behind the grey panels which hide the supports). I like the idea, but, I'm just wondering how that pocket of space (almost the entire length of the facade) will look once all the work is completed.

Attachments

• IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0328.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Rumbles of an opening date?

Has anyone heard when the opening date will be for LCBO/Dollarama and Michael's Art Supplies?

Thanks

Coca Cola Headquarters...

Not sure if this article has been posted elsewhere on UT(its from a few weeks back), but here is some reference of Coca Cola head office moving into the additional construction floors in the Sun Building.

Why Toronto businesses are moving downtown
http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1058962--why-toronto-businesses-are-moving-downtown

“The biggest reason by far is the ability to find young talent and to retain employees,†says David Gerofsky, president of FirstGulf Development Corporation, a condo and commercial developer that is now converting part of a King St. E. building into Coca-Cola’s new Canadian headquarters.

The “fringe†includes the easterly waterfront, where Corus has consolidated 1,150 employees and nearly a dozen offices in a playful eight-storey office complex. It also includes the old King St. W. garment district and the King St. E. and Church St. area where Coke is consolidating two offices with 400 employees after looking at 50 locations across the GTA.

The new offices will have lots of natural light, bike racks and are close to transit. Most importantly, the headquarters is part of Coke’s “Live Positively†commitment “to making a difference in the world through redesigning the way we work, and sustainability is key to that,†says Tova White, Coke’s vice-president of human resources.

I think the reference to King and Church in the article is a less than accurate location description of the Sun Building..

Street Closures coming for 3 storey addition to Sun Building

1. CLOSE PRINCESS STREET BETWEEN ABBEY LANE AND FRONT STREET EAST FOR FIVE DAYS FROM OCTOBER 26, 2011 TO NOVEMBER 2, 2011;

2. CLOSE PRINCESS STREET BETWEEN KING STREET EAST AND FRONT STREET EAST, AND OCCUPY THE NORTH CURB LANE OF FRONT STREET EAST AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION ON NOVEMBER 11, 2011; AND

3. CLOSE PRINCESS STREET BETWEEN ABBEY LANE AND KING STREET EAST FOR 30 DAYS FROM NOVEMBER 14, 2011 to DECEMBER 14, 2011.

PLEASE NOTE A PEDESTRIAN WALKWAY WILL BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES. LOCAL TRAFFIC WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS ALL PARKING FACILITIES.

Yesterday I noticed a sign had been put up on the east side of the Toronto Sun building (on Front Street), announcing that a new CIBC branch would be going in there. It appears to me that it will go on that corner of the building, next to the parking lot. I for one, will be very happy to see a CIBC branch in my area....finally!

Yesterday I noticed a sign had been put up on the east side of the Toronto Sun building (on Front Street), announcing that a new CIBC branch would be going in there. It appears to me that it will go on that corner of the building, next to the parking lot. I for one, will be very happy to see a CIBC branch in my area....finally!

Hurray! CIBC is my wife's bank and we're always walking over to 1 Toronto St or the Financial District so she can take out cash without getting dinged with fees. This will be much more convenient.

Oh, and for those who were following the slightly off-topic Fahrenheit Coffee discussion earlier in the thread, the news is that the Esplanade location closed a couple months ago because the space was too small and the owner wanted to expand to add seating. He's found a new spot and just announced yesterday that Fahrenheit will be re-opening at 120 Lombard (roughly next to Gilda Radner's firehall, across from Mystic Muffin) in mid-November if renovations go as planned. Very pleased he's staying within walking distance of the original location.

Oh, and for those who were following the slightly off-topic Fahrenheit Coffee discussion earlier in the thread, the news is that the Esplanade location closed a couple months ago because the space was too small and the owner wanted to expand to add seating. He's found a new spot and just announced yesterday that Fahrenheit will be re-opening at 120 Lombard (roughly next to Gilda Radner's firehall, across from Mystic Muffin) in mid-November if renovations go as planned. Very pleased he's staying within walking distance of the original location.
That's good news, though since it's not really convenient for me anymore, I doubt I will stop by unless I happen to be walking by the new spot.

In related news, work appears to be happening inside the former Farenheit space - anyone have any leads on this?

Back to 333 King - does anyone know why they will be closing Princess St? I notice they've disassembled part of the new roof they added last year where the No Frills entrance is (the section above the underground garage entrance). I assume this is all related?

Back