Toronto King East Centre | 140m | 39s | First Gulf | WZMH

Thanks for the update re: Michaels Art Supply Store. I'm very pleased with that addition to the neighbourhood.

Gross! Farenheit Coffee is only one block down Berkeley Street and is far superior.
Oh, where's this? Haven't noticed it. Berkeley is two blocks down though ... and there's already a Starbucks 2 blocks to the west at Frederick.

National Bank

With National Bank going in on the NW part of the sun building, wonder what will go in SE corner of building next to the LCBO/Dollarama

Last edited:
Fahrenheit is on The Esplanade just east of Berkeley, and it's definitely one of the best cups in the city, for sure.
Ah - just west of Berkeley in Berkeley Castle ... I've never noticed it before, but it's right next to a place that does lunchtime yoga courses I keep eyeing.

All the way down there, the existing locations at Frederick/Front and King/George are both closer to Princess/King or even Ontario/King ... unless there's a way to walk through the COC and Berkeley Castle that I've never noticed.

A bank ... how dull ...

333kingStreeteast_nationalbank.jpg

So I guess National Bank isn't occupying the unit next to the dollar store on Front. It was an odd location for it, so I guess it makes sense that it would be on this corner.

So we now have to two banks directly across from each other.

Citizens bank already failed on the north-west corner of Front and Princess.

Attachments

• 333kingStreeteast_nationalbank.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 333kingStreeteast_nationalbank.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
So I guess National Bank isn't occupying the unit next to the dollar store on Front. It was an odd location for it, so I guess it makes sense that it would be on this corner.
So we now have to two banks directly across from each other.
Citizens bank already failed on the north-west corner of Front and Princess.

Actually Citizens Bank has closed (or is closing) ALL their brick and mortar branches. They may not have been in a very good location but that's not why they closed. Their website says: "As Citizens Bank continues to wind down its retail and business banking operations..."

Actually Citizens Bank has closed (or is closing) ALL their brick and mortar branches. They may not have been in a very good location but that's not why they closed. Their website says: "As Citizens Bank continues to wind down its retail and business banking operations..."

Yes, that's my understanding, too. Citizens Bank is an online/virtual bank. They experimented a few years ago by opening two brick-and-mortar branches, this one in Toronto and another one out west. It's seems the experiment didn't work, so they closed both. I doubt it had anything to do with the exact location. In related news, there's a new building permit opened to convert that former Citizens Bank space to a dentists office. Not the most exciting use for the space, but at least it won't be vacant anymore.

from @JShamess twitter feed.....

"First Gulf developing 333 King St E to add 3 stories and 100,000 SF for Coca Cola Canada's new head office."

from @JShamess twitter feed.....

"First Gulf developing 333 King St E to add 3 stories and 100,000 SF for Coca Cola Canada's new head office."
Interesting ... isn't Coca-cola headquartered in Thornecliffe Park? Hmm, their website suggests that's Coca-Cola Bottling, and Coco Cola Canada is headquartered near 404/Steeles.

That's an interesting move ... from the edge of 905 near the highways to downtown. I've heard anecdotal suggestions that this is a bit of a trend.

With Waddintons (http://www.waddingtons.ca) taking the entire 2nd floor of East Lofts, its nice to have more office/commerical tenants in the mix of residential and retail to support the local businesses.

On a side note, if what was previously mentioned that Michaels is coming to 333 King St E as well, i'd speculate that it would be on the Front street frontage where the proposed bank (National Bank) was supposed to be.

Based on the new doors/construction done on the east end of the King street frontage, one entrance is for new George Brown space (Gaming Design) and the other doesn't appear to be retail space.

Interesting ... isn't Coca-cola headquartered in Thornecliffe Park? Hmm, their website suggests that's Coca-Cola Bottling, and Coco Cola Canada is headquartered near 404/Steeles.

That's an interesting move ... from the edge of 905 near the highways to downtown. I've heard anecdotal suggestions that this is a bit of a trend.

Actually not quite :)

They're moving from the edge of the 416 : ).

The 404/Steeles building is just south of steeles (it's where ING is located i.e. the technogloy campus building).

Back