Toronto iLoft | ?m | 30s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

Should be capped off before October...add another 6-7 months for interior IF its done with no delays so possible move in for lower floors be April or May.Soooo whats the story about the west side and its possible condos instead of town houses.Im still hearing stories about townhouses if the market improves though.

ducati0000 ... like you suggested, I think the key point is Condos or Towns are possible west of Legion Rd ... that is the impression I got from Camrost's sales staff too:

I went into the sales office this weekend and spoke with the sales person (Wendy) ... while inquiring about iLofts, I asked what was going to happen to lands west of Legion Road ... she said: "Camrost intended to build 3 storey luxury townhomes on that site and had architectural drawings prepared for a couple years now, however depending on the real estate market conditions, it is possible that Camrost may decide to utilize its zoning permissions instead to build several 16 storey buildings on that site (condos are easier to sell than townhouses in terms of affordability)"

It's future townhomes, or should I say.."Luxury Townhomes" that are probably going there. I been hearing this from the day one, so...im gonna stick with it.

It's future townhomes, or should I say.."Luxury Townhomes" that are probably going there. I been hearing this from the day one, so...im gonna stick with it.

As a matter of fact, I'm just passing on the info from Camrost staff who advises that the choice between Townhouses or Condos has not been decided yet by the builder ... the future is uncertain

Nonetheless, continue with the "Luxury Townhomes" thinking if you feel better ~ :cool:

Expected finish of the slab work is first or second week into October. There's tons of labour on site.. well over 100 men. They are trying to get this done as quickly as possible. We're gonna see things progress very, very quickly..

Some new pictures hot off the press..

Attachments

• 28082009290.jpg
    28082009290.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 279
  • 28082009291.jpg
    28082009291.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 263
  • 28082009264.jpg
    28082009264.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 258
Wooba I like the blueish dark tint they have on the windows,my is the two story one so I cant wait to see how that comes out.Weather been great the last three months (cloudy but not too much rain delays) and basically there are a lot of trades and materials around due to the slow market.CF is going to make a big push to sell the rest of California I heard,not price reductions but free upgrades.

Not sure how sales of California are going.. not spoken to Wendy in a while.. I was told that maybe the crane will go in in March.. basically, I see the focus switching right over to that after Iloft is finished.. Great for the trades working there right now if they get the contracts!

NW View

Last week I bough a NW corner unit ( SO EXCITED!! :D).. Do you guys think I'll be able to see a bit of the lake??

welcome to UT Sisi ... and congrads on your recent purchase of the i560 suites, that's a great layout IMO ~

However with regards to views, a northwest facing unit in iLofts is very unlikely that the lake would be part of your view, which is the reason why the unit didn't sell and Camrost had to split up the original 2 storey loft on the northwest corner and turn them into 1 storey 560 sq.ft. units (in addition to north views being blocked by Tides bldg)

If you were a builder what would you do with this property? Build a few condos and make a nice profit OR 'luxury townhomes'?

SiSi... first of all congrats on your purchase!... if you bought i560 you'll definitely have a lake view from the NW part of your unit...

Last edited:
Thank you guys on welcoming me to UT and congradulating me on my purchase.
In regards to my view i see that the opinions are split. i guess I'll have to wait and see.

And i really hope that they will decide to go with townhomes instead of another highrise. When I spoke to Wendy and Rachel they both told me that the decision has not been made yet in regards to future development of that lot.

And i really hope that they will decide to go with townhomes instead of another highrise. When I spoke to Wendy and Rachel they both told me that the decision has not been made yet in regards to future development of that lot.

Thank you Sisi for confirming what Camrost sales staff (Wendy) told me before ... while I agree iLofts + Skyloft owners probably would want townhouses the most on lands west of Legion Rd, I suppose it will just be a wait and see scenario ...

Nonetheless, I think the unit you have purchase has a great layout .... great choice !! :)

Back