Toronto iLoft | ?m | 30s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

Loft and Single Storey mix

Does anyone know how the single storey and the 2 storey units are going to mix together? does that mean the 2 storey units will have 2 entrances? I bought the southwest corner unit on the 15th flr, and it looks like I am surrounded by 2 storey lofts, but the other side is all one storey? How is this going to work.

By the pace of progress (flr 20!), I think they may be ready to cap the building by the end of Sep/Oc (10 flrs over the next 2.5 months), so a realistic move in date would be sometime in the spring of 2010 (anyone's guess as to the precise month).

Has anyone heard about chosing colors and finishes?

ok people,

Here is the link to the live construction. Enjoy.

http://www.anothercontest.com/iloft/

According to mysticpointe's live webcam ... iLofts up to 23rd floor already ~ wow :D

Does anyone know how the single storey and the 2 storey units are going to mix together? does that mean the 2 storey units will have 2 entrances? I bought the southwest corner unit on the 15th flr, and it looks like I am surrounded by 2 storey lofts, but the other side is all one storey? How is this going to work.

grifter990 ... from what I understand looking @ iLofts' floorplans (http://www.camrost.com/iloft/floor-plans.php), the 2-storey lofts would only have 1 entrance on each suite's main floor ... and because the typical 2-storey lofts generally start on the 5th (legal) floor ... thus if you were on an odd numbered (legal) floor (up to the 22nd) you would likely see 13 suite entraces (the 875 sq.ft. suite 08 got broken into 2 suites)... if you were on an even numbered (legal) floor (up to the 22nd) you would likely only see 8 suite entrances since suites 05, 06, 07, 10 & 11 are west facing 2 storey lofts

Has anyone heard about chosing colors and finishes?

I'm a little suprised to hear that colour selection hasn't begun yet, considering the construction progress of iLofts

Question back to you grifter990 ... are all the iLoft suites on the east side of the building 1-storey ?? I was just wondering looking at UD's earlier photo ~ :)

dsc07064nph.jpg

Solaris - just spoke with someone at the iLoft sales centre today, and he said that the north side 1010 sf units were converted to 560 sf single storey units. He didn't mention the east side, but from the looks of it, it definitely seems like they are stacking up single storey.

He also said that they are calling people about colours/finishes, with lower floors starting in sept, and higher floors (like 15) around Nov.

I think you're right about the way the floors will work. Lol, I'll have to check out the floors with the lack of doors. Should be interesting.

Sorry to hear that they are thinking about putting up a few more high density developments west of iLoft. I had a feeling they might, which is why I decided to get the south west corner. I figured, they won't be able to build on the train tracks, so my lake view is protected, even if my west view is going to be a bit obstructed.

grifter 990... yes you are correct in that iLofts chopped up the formerly 2-storey northwest corner unit (Suite 12) into 2 separate 1-storey units... given the lack of views looking northwest + expsoure that unit was simply not selling (as per Camfost sales staff) ~

Before

After

with regards to the east side of the unit ... I vaguely recall that there were supposed to be 2-storey lofts, I wonder if all of them got flattened to 1-storey condos ... guess we'll just have to wait and find out :)

Did anyone buy a 1010 unit on the north side? If you did, did camrost offer you another sweet, or just a refund? I can't imagine that they can force people to keep a unit that is half the size of the one they purchased.

and because the typical 2-storey lofts generally start on the 5th (legal) floor

I'm guessing when you say legal floor, you're refering to the fact that sometimes floor numbers get skiped (ie, 13).. so if you're on the 14th floor you're actually on the 13th floor.

Do you know anything specific about this building? I'm on the 11th floor and I'm curious if I will actually be on the 11th floor, or if there are any missing floors below that. I can't imagine that there would be, but anything is possible.

Wooba ... you are correct in the intrepretation

Legal Floors refer to the acutal floor level , no skipping numbers ... no ifs, or, buts

whereas Municipal Floors can be played around however a builder chooses to, for all one cares a builder can choose to skip floors 40 to 49 just to avoid certain unwanted #s (as they do in Hong Kong)

With respect to your 11th floor unit, I recall asking Camrost and was confirmed that they don't skip any 4s ... so its safe to expect that your 11th floor unit is in fact the 11th (legal) floor ... however I'm not sure if they skip 13th on this building

Can anyone explain how the optional upgrade bath (Solaris post above) works with respect to the bathtub/shower stall? Or am I reading the floor plan incorrectly?

With respect to your 11th floor unit, I recall asking Camrost and was confirmed that they don't skip any 4s ... so its safe to expect that your 11th floor unit is in fact the 11th (legal) floor ... however I'm not sure if they skip 13th on this building

Thanks..
I think you're right.. if I look at a plan for a loft, it starts at the 5th floor and goes to 22 which is consistent with them not skipping any floors (even the 13th)

I was there this past saturday afternoon taking some pictures. Everything is looking good. They got started on the windows on the lower floors.

Attachments

• condopicsfromsaturdayaugust22.JPG
    condopicsfromsaturdayaugust22.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 293
  • condopicsfromsaturdayaugust22-.JPG
    condopicsfromsaturdayaugust22-.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 287
  • condopicsfromsaturdayaugust22--.JPG
    condopicsfromsaturdayaugust22--.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 295
  • condopicsfromsaturdayaugust22---.JPG
    condopicsfromsaturdayaugust22---.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 279
  • condopicsfromsaturdayaugust22----.JPG
    condopicsfromsaturdayaugust22----.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 269
Puppa the glass looks pretty good on this project,I seen so many condos that the exterior glass ruins the look of the condo but the ilofts glass looks great on the design.Too bad Tides southern view is now blocked by ilofts and in about two years California will block its east/south view.

Looks like they are on the 18th floor. Just 12 more before they put a roof on it. The sales person I spoke to said that once the roof is on, they will give out a firm occupancy date.

Right now my occupancy letter says Feb 2010. I have extreme doubts they will finish the building in a little over 5 months. But adding 2 to 3 months seems reasonable. Once the roof is on, work will progress much faster!

Looks like they are on the 18th floor. Just 12 more before they put a roof on it. The sales person I spoke to said that once the roof is on, they will give out a firm occupancy date.

Right now my occupancy letter says Feb 2010. I have extreme doubts they will finish the building in a little over 5 months. But adding 2 to 3 months seems reasonable. Once the roof is on, work will progress much faster!

they're actually framing the 24th floor right now, so only 6 more to go before the roof! 2 to 3 months extra sounds good to me too (crossing fingers).

Back