Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Agreed! Easy access to the Mississauga core from the GO lines is exactly what downtown needs.

Smash through all "nimbyers", drivers, and other obstacles and full speed ahead on the construction of this line, I say!

Still think this should have been raised LRT though. Traffic is going to interfere with the speed of this line being on the street with stop lights.

I love this rendering of Cooksville GO and how the LRT can possibly connect in the future. It would become quite the transit hub, especially if all day 2-way service started up on the line. I think better integration between the two would make things better for passengers, but I have to admit, seeing that many people out on the street making the transfer makes things look much more exciting.

mississauga1.jpg

I love this rendering of Cooksville GO and how the LRT can possibly connect in the future. It would become quite the transit hub, especially if all day 2-way service started up on the line. I think better integration between the two would make things better for passengers, but I have to admit, seeing that many people out on the street making the transfer makes things look much more exciting.

It is just a rendering...right? Or is it some proposed building? Honest question, when renderings are done like this is there any attempt at realism or is just a hypothetical type "insert pretty buildin here" exercise?

Would such a hypothetical building eliminate all parking at Cooksville? (that is the site of the parking now, right?).

I also find it funny in this rendering that they show 3 southbound trains at the LRT station at the same time.....surely the argument that "LRT" an "streetcars" are different is not advanced by this sort of depiction.....it looks like King street in rush hour! ;)

It is just a rendering...right? Or is it some proposed building? Honest question, when renderings are done like this is there any attempt at realism or is just a hypothetical type "insert pretty buildin here" exercise?

Would such a hypothetical building eliminate all parking at Cooksville? (that is the site of the parking now, right?).

I also find it funny in this rendering that they show 3 southbound trains at the LRT station at the same time.....surely the argument that "LRT" an "streetcars" are different is not advanced by this sort of depiction.....it looks like King street in rush hour! ;)

GO has been busy building parking garages galore - it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination that one could replace the surface parking at Cooksville's very large lot.

I think that's a three car train, not a bunched set of three. Though I don't think there would be a need for three-car trainsets on Hurontario for a while.

GO has been busy building parking garages galore - it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination that one could replace the surface parking at Cooksville's very large lot.

but if one or both of those buildings is a parking garage, the the image of the interconnected GO Train and LRT creating a different, more dense, corridor is not so either.....anyway we are just talking about a rendering.

I think that's a three car train, not a bunched set of three. Though I don't think there would be a need for three-car trainsets on Hurontario for a while.

To me it looks like 3 separate 5 car trains (3 of these http://www.railjournal.com/media/k2/items/cache/9c3f2d4273a2aaea240cf417ce0a4978_XL.jpg ). I am sure it is just a case of no one proof reading the artist's rendering too closely.

Last edited:

Its a rendering of a 3 LIGHT RAIL VEHICLE train. Each ARTICULATED light rail vehicle is made up of 5 sections. Do not mistake a section as a separate vehicle.
cq5dam.web.670.280.jpeg

The rendering shows 3 of the above coupled together.

The Hurontario-Main plan/report called for 2-car trains operating at 5 minute frequency. I don't remember it saying anything about 3-car trains, so I am a little surprised by that rendering. Maybe they changed the plan, or maybe they just wanted illustrate the size of the station, or something.

The Hurontario-Main plan/report called for 2-car trains operating at 5 minute frequency. I don't remember it saying anything about 3-car trains, so I am a little surprised by that rendering. Maybe they changed the plan, or maybe they just wanted illustrate the size of the station, or something.

The platforms will be design to hold 3 cars, but built for 2 at first. 3 cars were always in the plan.

In fact, you only need 1 car every 10 minutes for the next 5 years before moving to a 5 minute headway for off peak. After that, you will have to move to 2 cars trains.

If you go to 5 minute headway from day one, you don't need to change your schedule for the next 15 years, as you only need to start adding the 2nd and 3rd car. Once you decide to move to the 3rd car, it will take a few months to add the rest of the platform for it, at as well having the funds to do it.

The platforms will be design to hold 3 cars, but built for 2 at first. 3 cars were always in the plan.

In fact, you only need 1 car every 10 minutes for the next 5 years before moving to a 5 minute headway for off peak. After that, you will have to move to 2 cars trains.

If you go to 5 minute headway from day one, you don't need to change your schedule for the next 15 years, as you only need to start adding the 2nd and 3rd car. Once you decide to move to the 3rd car, it will take a few months to add the rest of the platform for it, at as well having the funds to do it.

It makes no sense having Hurontario and Eglinton have the same capacity when Eglinton is obviously much busier. 3 car light rail trains are fine for Hurontario, but the much busier Eglinton should have been a subway.

Back