Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

July 30 & 31
The only thing stopping the reopening of the Queensway intersection is the backfilling between the guideway and the road as well paving. By right, should be open by the weekend.

The section from Dundas to the Queensway hasn't been touch since I saw it last week.

Saw 3 white hats today up at Matheson before going for supper. Saw 5 yesterday between Dundas and Fairview

Most of the northbound curb lane and sidewalk have been removed from John St to Dundas, except a small section of sidewalk by one of the plaza.

The retaining wall is pour and strip north of the CP bridge and building the footing for the next section north of where it current ends to Fairview.

From Fairview to south of the plaza south driveway, northbound curb lane and everything to the east where the sidewalk used to be except the driveway. Some surprises ducting was found.

The base for the substation is pour and strip with crew digging up the northbound curb lane to get the ducting to the guideway. Once done, will move to the other lane.

Central Parkway platform base pour and strip. Forming of Burnhamthorpe platform underway.

What I saw on Saturday for the southbound lanes at Burnhamthorpe was only the tip of what took place what I saw today. All 4 southbound lanes as well 3 westbound lanes of Burnhamthorpe were dug up, backfill and repave with a sweeping curve from Hurontario to the 3rd lane to say the T/wye is going to be built now after all/ Was hopping for official word today for the T, but things got change around at the last moment that I couldn't get it.

They are starting to form Robert Speck Platform.

The 2nd phase for Square One Intersection guideway is partly done with the guideway poured and waiting track work. It is smaller than the other section and the 2 tracks will be at different length.

Noticed foundation poured and in place for the OS poles on the ramp leading to the elevated section. The west north pier wall is form.

Looked at at the Matheson area before going for supper and the trackwork for the station is finally poured in place. The trackwork has seen some rework at Waltline and needs a new top coat as it is in rough shape. The crossover still not done.

Both eastbound lanes for Matheson from the guideway to where the substation is located have been repaved and looks like a lot of other work has taken place there from what I saw sometime ago.

Today was too hot to be walking around photographing and most of what I saw was from a bus.

Back