Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I like the way you think, but the LRT needs guideways and rails to operate on, all of which do not exist until South of Hurontario / 407, we've gotta finish relocating utilities, repaving, and painting the extension for the roads, and installing the guideways here in Brampton.
Not only that, what is to happen to Steeles intersection and 400' north of the intersection where the station has to be relocated to regrading relocating utilities since this part of the extension.

Since there is no contract in place, as well not knowing if the will be a subway with grade surface or fully grade, IO will have to make a call soon to amend Mobilinx contract to cover the cost to move the station from the south to the north as well any relocation of utilities for that short area.

The last 2 years saw something been done for the southbound lane north of Steeles for trenchwork by X and no idea what or who for. No recalled any thing being done for the northbound lane since I not up there that often in the first place.

We have no idea if IO will go out for the extension as a P3 or general tender with a maintenance contract to match the remaining years Mobilinx contract so it the whole line is under one party control when it comes time to renew the 30 year contract. The only different with the extension contract, Mobilinx will be reasonable for the operation of the whole line with X looking after the maintenance of the extension.

Even if all the utilities and the guideway was done in Brampton this year, the 407 overpass is the bottleneck as the guideway is only been built while the northbound lanes are rebuilt and widening of the overpass starting in July for about the next 10-12 months and the work that has to take place as noted above after the overpass is fully built. You are still looking at 2026 for service to Brampton.

Not only that, what is to happen to Steeles intersection and 400' north of the intersection where the station has to be relocated to regrading relocating utilities since this part of the extension.

Since there is no contract in place, as well not knowing if the will be a subway with grade surface or fully grade, IO will have to make a call soon to amend Mobilinx contract to cover the cost to move the station from the south to the north as well any relocation of utilities for that short area.

The last 2 years saw something been done for the southbound lane north of Steeles for trenchwork by X and no idea what or who for. No recalled any thing being done for the northbound lane since I not up there that often in the first place.

We have no idea if IO will go out for the extension as a P3 or general tender with a maintenance contract to match the remaining years Mobilinx contract so it the whole line is under one party control when it comes time to renew the 30 year contract. The only different with the extension contract, Mobilinx will be reasonable for the operation of the whole line with X looking after the maintenance of the extension.

Even if all the utilities and the guideway was done in Brampton this year, the 407 overpass is the bottleneck as the guideway is only been built while the northbound lanes are rebuilt and widening of the overpass starting in July for about the next 10-12 months and the work that has to take place as noted above after the overpass is fully built. You are still looking at 2026 for service to Brampton.
The 400 feet north of Steeles/Main from my understanding has always been a part of the initial project. They wouldn't be doing any extensive work north of Steeles if they weren't sure they were going to put a guideway there. At one point, they even had the temporary stops on the southbound section of the Gateway Terminal so they could relocate additional utilities for the guideway work that was yet to happen. They also ended up congesting a significant portion of Main Street by shifting northbound traffic into the southbound traffic lanes due to utility relocation from the middle of the road to the curb. This work was from Bartley Bull Parkway/Main Street to Steeles / Main Street, and onward to Hurontario/407. My e-mail correspondence with someone from Metrolinx highlights this as well.

The contract in place that you're referring to will be from Bartley Bull Parkway and Main street, into downtown Brampton. We still have no clue what this contract is going to be, but it's obviously going to be an additional cost. Brown has pushed hard for the tunnel option which includes a tunnel portal south of Elgin Drive to Nanwood. Nanwood they want to do open cut construction partially within the exsting street right-of-way. The remainder of the corridor north of Nanwood/Main that terminates at Church/Main, they're looking to do sequential excavation method of digging it out. They may also do a second mining operation at the Brampton GO station which could help fast track the method too. You can find more infomation about this whole process here if you don't already have this document saved somewhere.

Yeah, most of the work here in Brampton has just been utilities, because when work gets done here for utilities, the last thing they want to do is tear up the streets and roads unless they really need to. A lot of the work was easily done in Mississauga with road closures and whatnot, and it seems like as you said, the biggest bottleneck right now is the 407/Hurontario, otherwise they'd probably be in Brampton right now doing most of the work.

In my experience, if the extension into downtown Brampton hasn't been tendered for construction the same way this first phase is, the warranties are going to differ in regards to the number of years, as well as differ to the construction of the tunnels and so on.

We both agree that the 407 is going to take a long time. It makes me wish that we had the same type of manpower they did for the QEW underpass. 55 hours non-stop to get that work done. If they did this with the highways, I feel we'd be significantly further along.

Recent drive along Hurontario on June 23 from Eglinton to Gateway

Did you noticed how far you got before hitting a light?? One hope some changes to those light take place before the LRV's hit the road this year, otherwise slow train.

I had to laugh at the 2 speeders beside you as you caught up to them at every light to the point you past them when they got behind a slow moving car.

We need to come up with something with a higher view than the car as I have the same issues as well for a good view of the corridor. Some shots from a truck cab would work. Not sure if it could be done, but having a passenger in the car controlling a drone as someone is driving would be one way. The other way is have long distance control over the drone and that is more professional than us.

Best time for doing this type of videos is on a Sunday or Holiday early in the morning.

Need more videos like this that keeps showing the change streetscape, especially when the LRV's hit the street.

There's a lot more continuous track north of Eglinton versus the south.
That will be in 2025 south of Eglinton, but how far is the question. Not all the rails is in place south of Courtneypark given this is the testbed now instead of Matheson that was to take place is past February.

June 28
A new toy is sitting in the OMSF and not the one that was in Kingston now that was told to me by a bird yesterday.

The southbound lanes over the 407 are supposed to be open now.

Central Parkway intersection is full poured and if crews are working on Saturdays, the forms will be strip to allow the backfilling between the guideway and the road, It is on track to open sometime July 03 or late July 2nd depending on the backfilling and paving.

@Dan416 should know better than I do since he does this daily, is there a sign at Fairview saying the sidewalk is closed at the bridge?? I may have miss it when I walked now the westside sidewalk well having a look at the retraining wall being built?? Ran in to some workers who knew me from the St Clair ROW days as well the Toronto West Diamond work. Everyone is saying the same thing that if the straight track gets build at Burnhamthorpe, it will be a zoo to redo that intersection for the T connection. Some are saying it will be a 4 month project.

A large chunk of the retraining wall is poured and 2 different types. The north section has an inside slope while the rest is a straight wall.

The foundation work is underway with a lot of duct work sticking out of the ground for the ESSO substation.

Looks like all the unities work is done for the northbound lanes between Fairview and John. Unities work taking place at John St on the westside and why the sidewalk is close at the CP bridge.

Northbound traffic south of Dundas is now in the centre of the road with barriers up to King St and wasn't past Dundas. The southbound bus stop at Dundas is still out of service considering the curb lane open on June 10. I guess they are waiting for the rest of the corner to be rebuilt along with the work in front of the RBC on Dundas. Eastbound Dundas is at a crawl with only one lane open.

More up on my site
2 styles of retaining wall
53822346371_58de784aff_b.jpg

53822785530_d1bcdb2410_b.jpg

Trap removed from barrier walls on both sides of the street
53822593133_65c505cec6_b.jpg

Corner to be rebuilt
53822790830_cc43692fcb_b.jpg

53822598283_4d380cce79_b.jpg

Final pour
53822703634_b8eed28b87_b.jpg

Substation
53822703544_cc76e5fd2e_b.jpg

@Dan416 should know better than I do since he does this daily, is there a sign at Fairview saying the sidewalk is closed at the bridge?? I may have miss it when I walked now the westside sidewalk well having a look at the retraining wall being built??

When I was in the area a couple of weeks ago, the west side sidewalk under the bridge was officially closed (between the bus stop north of the bridge at Hanson Rd., to John St.) however the barriers had been moved in an act of "civil disobedience" and people were walking through the forbidden zone. 😈

The signage was terrible. There was nothing at Fairview. At Hanson, a sign saying the sidewalk was closed had an arrow pointed to the left, to the temp bus stop... but there was no further way from there. One could risk rogue crossing Hurontario to the east side, backtracking 250m to Fairview and crossing at the lights, or taking the pathway right to Hanson Rd. Or taking the bus, I guess. I wonder if the bus driver would allow boarding for free just for the short "detour"... 🤔

Yeah....I guess you can say it's kinda closed, but everyone is still walking there. I was last there Monday/Tuesday, and where it is really closed is at the bridge itself, so no problem to get to the GO station. They'd have to dig it up to keep me from getting to my GO station.

Back