Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I guess my expectations of the City and road maintenance are clearly very low! Thank you!
Much of Hurontario is in very poor conidition. They definitely will be repaving sections as the disruptions to the ROW are completed. They have already done a good portion where the utilities have been relocated and the trackbed poured. They may do further work, not sure what the plan is for cycle lanes/tracks.

I almost expect them to open part of the line without it being complete down to Port Credit!
When do expect it to happen and what section??

Drove south from the Queensway the other day and it is startling how little change there has been year over year. Mary a track to be seen.
That will change in 2025 when work starts on the guideway.
The only track you will find this year will be the Queensway, Englewood, possibility of North Service Rd and Sherobee.
Until the northbound traffic is shifted to the push box, no guideway work for the QEW ramps can take place.

It’s pretty clear that Mobilinx has control of the entire right-of-way and will be responsible for restoring the roadway at the end of the project. Mississauga has pretty much nothing to do with it, and you can even tell by the new traffic signals being installed. All new City of Mississauga signals use black casings now, but the signals Mobilinx are installing are all-yellow.

June 24
Just uploaded the photos for the some of the LRT I shot
53817011589_25d3082b76_b.jpg

53817011459_b47b7cc2ea_b.jpg

53816679376_298da72cdd_b.jpg

Square One Drive Ready for the first pour
53816695551_03060928ab_b.jpg

53817027949_3d3d891695_b.jpg

53817028149_1b6fa0372e_b.jpg

I almost expect them to open part of the line without it being complete down to Port Credit!
I said the exact same thing. The reality is that utility relocation takes time, and they need to ensure that they are 100% finished with relocating utilities before they begin paving, installing a new curb, and so on.

It's much easier to deal with now than it is to deal with once the guideway installation takes place.

It’s pretty clear that Mobilinx has control of the entire right-of-way and will be responsible for restoring the roadway at the end of the project. Mississauga has pretty much nothing to do with it, and you can even tell by the new traffic signals being installed. All new City of Mississauga signals use black casings now, but the signals Mobilinx are installing are all-yellow.
Are any new permanent traffic lights installed? I haven't noticed any, but I haven't been along much of north Hurontario lately.

It would make sense to do a partial opening of the line from Brampton Gateway to Square One, no? Better than nothing if the project is behind schedule.
Have you even look at the line this month??

If so, it shows quit clearly service to Brampton will not happen until 2026 which is the same timeframe for the full line without the loop??

To run any type of service before then will be from Derry to Sq One late 2025 assuming all the hydro work is done to power the system, let alone string it to power the line.

My photos and videos show what I am saying. The 407 overpass for the southbound could be open now as it was ready on Monday that only require the relocations of the construction barriers from the south to the north and shift the traffic. It will be about a year before the northbound lane will reopen with the guideway built between the 2 roads, Both ends of the overpass still need the road built to be ready to build the guideway between the overpass and where traffic is being switch from one side to the other side when the northbound traffic is move to the new section. Then, the guideway has to be build for the on ramps to Hurontario before they can make the final connection at both ends to complete the line.

The 403 bridge will not be done until early 2025.

The notices that where sent out the first week in January call for the guideway been built to the QEW by year end and will be lucky to see it to Dundas this year. Only 6 months to do that notice which is impossible uncles a few bus loads of works show up and that not going to happen.

Are any new permanent traffic lights installed? I haven't noticed any, but I haven't been along much of north Hurontario lately.
A lot of the intersections are setup to turn on the new traffic lights once the construction one are removed, but are mainly north of Eglinton.

It would make sense to do a partial opening of the line from Brampton Gateway to Square One, no? Better than nothing if the project is behind schedule.
I like the way you think, but the LRT needs guideways and rails to operate on, all of which do not exist until South of Hurontario / 407, we've gotta finish relocating utilities, repaving, and painting the extension for the roads, and installing the guideways here in Brampton.

Back