Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

But seriously,... what's in that UFO looking structure,... I can't find any data regarding what it would house.

You can find the explanation in todays front page story on Hullmark Centre, here.

That article seems to suggest the UFO structure on top of the podium would house "future amenity space" or “Axial Pavilion garden”. But looking at it now from street-level the UFO structure seems to house rooftop HVAC equipment for the podium,... just a cleaver and expensive way to hide them.

The curved glass is nice, but I truly wish the towers were a bit more inventive. As these will likely be the signature towers in the area, a little creativeness would have gone a long way. At least the glass looks good.

From afar...sorry about the iPhone pic, lens might be scratched a bit.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 465
what a beauty! ^ the sharpest looking glass and podium I've seen in a while. IMO, visually comparable to higher end projects such as the Four Seasons. THIS is what a mixed use condo/office/retail project should look like (is there some sorta hotel element to Hullmark Centre?)

Its interesting how they switch the balcony half way through (from half glass to full) its a nice touch.

Boy could World On Yonge take some queses from this project .... they're similar in scope, well World on Yonge is bigger honestly (not height wise) but more building and a larger retail component if I recall. Office wise they're about the same, around 200K.

Very dull "corporate" look to this project. What the intersection needs: Warm "soft" materials like red brick or stone. Everytime I'm up here the folks I'm with say "get me outta here asap" lol.

Give downtown Markham a try ... more brick for ya ... seriously ...

^No. Not just red brick but proper red brick (DT Markham is too brown) using quality architecture not "parts bintecture." Eg of good red brick: DD condos' podium, Ideal on College, Mozo or even Kings Court next door on King East, upcoming North St Jamestown by aA, number of Griffintown Mtl projects, etc.

The all-glazed & precast look at this corner looks dreadful esp in barren winterscape.

Last edited:

Back