Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

December 7th

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

Jivey80, Great photos as always! :cool:

How's your zoom lens? Is it possible to get some close up shots of the inside of the south tower? It seems that they're racing to get as much exterior cladding up before it gets really cold. Since you have such a great vantage point, I'm wondering if you're able to see the interior work on the south tower,... ie: progress of interior drywall, painting, plumbing, electrical, flooring, lighting, etc,... on various floors. Thanks!

Thanks Jivey80!

BTW, when you say they're working after dark (dark is 5pm these days!),... until how late? I know sometimes they have a light crew there doing some work at night. And I've noticed on some project they'll have "inside workers" work throughout the night,... which is usually fine as long as they don't emit any noise to disturb the neighbours.

Yes, when there's a large construction project beside a residential building there will be challenges,... the city's noise by law does offer some protection. They're allowed to make "construction noise" from 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday and from 9am to 7pm on Saturday but no construction noise on Sunday and statutory holidays.

Construction noise in bylaw 591-2.1.B
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/municode/1184_591.pdf

BTW, for non-construction noise like residential, you're allowed to make noise (power equipment) from 7am to 9pm Monday to Saturday and from 9am to 9pm on Sunday. NOTE: you're allowed to use snowblower anytime!

Here are some pics I promised.

The first one shows them pouring the concrete on the UFO looking structure.
The second is the inside crew working at around 5:15pm. I saw one painting and another putting up some dry wall.

DSC_1971.JPG

DSC_1975.jpg

They started with the balcony glass, which is a bit different than simply transparent glass:

img1456y.jpg

img1462w.jpg

The cladding for the connecting building also started:

img1460g.jpg

img1461sq.jpg

Jivey80,.... thanks for the photos!

That UFO looking structure reminds me of the UFO looking structure at City Hall,... so maybe if Mayor Rob Ford gets kicked out of office he should apply for a job here! ;P

But seriously,... what's in that UFO looking structure,... I can't find any data regarding what it would house. Its been in all the documentation since day one,... but I'm still not sure what's inside. Below it is the Hullmark Centre Club,... that floor with the outdoor pool, terrance,... directly below the UFO looking structure it'll have bar, media room, billard room, sauna, whirlpool, change rooms, fireplace, etc,... so I was thinking maybe the UFO structure would house an indoor pool,... but thee stairs is way against the west wall, meaning people using the change room below would need to walk through the hallways to get upstairs to the indoor pool in the UFO looking structure, unless it has its own change room but then it would be a much smaller pool.

Those reflective glass on the concave curved podium remind of the Ontario Hydro building near Queens Park,.... a nice change from the usual straight edges that dominages NYCC,...... so I guess what's old is new again!

Yeah this one deserves more attention than it has got. The spandrel is the only problem and that too doesn't look horrible and even somewhat compliments the buildings. Atleast it isnt the usual multicoloured shit xD

Anyhow, great job so far on this one!

But seriously,... what's in that UFO looking structure,... I can't find any data regarding what it would house.

You can find the explanation in todays front page story on Hullmark Centre, here.

Back