Hamilton Hamilton Line B LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Joey Coleman‏@JoeyColeman 1h1 hour ago
.@OntarioPCParty Hamilton say they "are pleased to engage in the next provincial and municipal elections on the issue of no LRT" #YHMgov

Paul Mason‏@PaulMason2 1h1 hour ago
@JoeyColeman @OntarioPCParty This #HamOnt local PC release contradicts what @brownbarrie has stated about LRT funding.

C8CMEmsVwAAbXm5.jpg:large

Better hope the contracts are in place by the time the 2018 election rolls around.

Considering Hamilton City Council, though- unlikely.

Goodbye LRT.

Attachments

• IMG_2615.JPG
    IMG_2615.JPG
    385.3 KB · Views: 277
Thanks for all your works on this file. Citizens of Hamilton are better off for it.

Ontario itself will be better off when cities beyond Toronto get the right investments to promote growth and long-term prosperity. But you can't force those investments on them. Their citizens have to be informed and supportive. Hamilton LRT advocates have worked diligently to inform people about the value of LRT and to build support, which is important.

Ontario itself will be better off when cities beyond Toronto get the right investments to promote growth and long-term prosperity. But you can't force those investments on them. Their citizens have to be informed and supportive. Hamilton LRT advocates have worked diligently to inform people about the value of LRT and to build support, which is important.
Of any city in Ontario, I really hope Hamilton gets it right. Just looking at Google Maps, downtown Hamilton has an excellent street grid and urban fabric. Hamilton is very lucky in that regard compared to other cities in Ontario and even Canada/USA.

The city has the seeds of a potentially succesful urban city and major Canadian urban centre if you ask me. Imagine if all those parking lots downtown were developed into mid-density housing with street-level retail. The optimist in me says that the LRT can activate that revitalization and spearhead Hamilton's move towards an urban direction in the 21st century.

Plus, a succesful Hamilton would hopefully spur competition in the region and force Toronto to do better.

Back