Toronto Grand Hotel Redevelopment | 153.95m | 49s | Amexon | Core Architects

More picture from the hoarding

CC001157-E4B5-4C52-BF87-6C5DC5B96F63.jpeg

New docs were submitted Feb 10, 2022. Storey count seems to be unaltered at 49 floors.
Link to application: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=8EElUss5dNPZzqBG+XG+Yg==

On a unrelated (or related?) note, I came across the post on Linkedin, not including the OP's name/photo for privacy reasons, but their original post is linked below. It looks like this is the site in question, perhaps at 68 storey version was considered at some point?

Source:

View attachment 380937
I guess this wasn't a rumor judging by the hoarding? It displays a 68 storey building in the rendering, just very odd that they're prepared to start construction without the slightest indication that their 68 storey proposal will be approved.

I guess this wasn't a rumor judging by the hoarding? It displays a 68 storey building in the rendering, just very odd that they're prepared to start construction without the slightest indication that their 68 storey proposal will be approved.
Yes, the rendering is for a 68-storey tower. Weird that they're so confident they'll get an approval for a 200m+ building here, unless they are planning to go ahead with units with 7ft ceiling height. Hey, why not, the average height of Canadian men is only like 5ft10 ...

Back