Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Sorry - short turn. Unnecessary shorthand on my part.

Oh, okay. Wow. I thought it was a shortform for that other name for those GO RER stations and service increases in Toronto, and I was a tad upset.

But yes! A shortturn at the Crosstown would be great, if the construction window for Crosstown ends some time before that for the diamond.

Scope of the Project:

The purpose of the Davenport Diamond Rail Grade Separation Project is to design and construct infrastructure upgrades between Mile 3.91 and Mile 4.87 along the Barrie Rail Corridor required to accommodate the planned increase in GO RER services. The scope consists of:
  • Construction of a grade separation structure between north/south GO Rail corridor and east/west CP Rail corridor to minimize delays to GO service.
  • Modification of an existing at-grade crossing at Wallace Ave. to become a road under rail grade separation.
  • Implementation of a pedestrian underpass to restore east/west connection at Paton Road.
  • Construction of retaining walls forming the approaches of the grade separation structure topped with noise barrier walls and superimposed cladding to minimize impacts on the community.
  • Construction of an elevated rail guideway offset within the corridor during construction to accommodate a temporary diversion track and a temporary rail diamond.
  • Integrated artwork on the rail grade separation cladding.
  • Public realm enhancements under the new rail guideway, including new pedestrian and cyclist routes.
  • Provisions for future electrification implemented within upgraded rail infrastructure to accommodate future electrified GO train service

No station at Bloor?

- Paul

I thought that was always planned to be a "future project", and not necessarily done at the same time as the grade separation.

Unless they are going ahead with it now, and have broken it out as a separate project from the grade separation.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Apparently there are some new renderings available for the Davenport Overpass. It was noted that "Metrolinx is proposing to coat the lower sections of the bridge support columns with a black adhesive rubber."
2z72I05
2A85osi

2h5k2Mm

2zqE9vR

No station at Bloor?

- Paul
Its supposed to be a separate contract that can be done later. The main work is to get the grade separation done first to deal with the current issue and getting the corridor double track.

As the work near completion is most likely when you will see work start on the station.

^ Thanks. I note on slide 6 the procurement runs from August 2017 to March 2019. Would it be safe to assume the RFP would be released by the summer of 2018 and the contract awarded in March 2019?

Back