Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

this is one of those pits where the pics just don't do justice to how big it really is in person.

it's huge.

I just realized that this is one of the rare times that a single architecture firm has designed an entire city block - except through two different projects!

I just realized that this is one of the rare times that a single architecture firm has designed an entire city block - except through two different projects!

aA did the fire hall as well? :)

While aA are making their presence felt in east Yorkville, KPMB is all over Bloor from St. George to Queen's Park. No, they don't have a "full" block, but with a couple of Woodsworth buildings, 1 Bedford, the Royal Conservatory, and the Gardiner Museum, it's hard not to consider that they've designed the whole area too.

Penthouse @ Four Seasons

for merely $30 million, this 9,000+ sq.ft. suite on the 55th floor of the west tower can be yours ... just in case you have change to spare :D

4Seasons_PH.jpg

ps. this even comes with a 'staff residence' in the east tower, which is a 680 sq.ft. one bedroom unit

Nice!

But, a one-bedroom for staff? Is that for long-term stay? That assumes that you either have a staff of one or that you expect staff to live in Dickensian conditions.

I don't see any bedroom for staff, or kids - just two guest bedrooms. Maybe you have to buy up part of the 54th floor if you want a staff suite. Seems reasonable.

It's only 9,000 sq.ft, so 3 bedrooms seems reasonable...how could one possibly fit any more bedrooms into such a small space? If memory serves me correctly, the Ritz had 4 bedrooms but it's 11,000 sq.ft, while Aura manages to squeeze an astonishing 5th bedroom in, but this tight fit is permitted by the unit's 12,000 sq.ft size.

edit - No, the Four Seasons penthouse owner will have to make do with bunk beds...unless their children/staff consists of conjoined twins.

I don't see any bedroom for staff, or kids - just two guest bedrooms. Maybe you have to buy up part of the 54th floor if you want a staff suite. Seems reasonable.

yeah I suppose when you are spending that much time making $$ to become that rich ... you don't have personal time to have 'intimate interaction' with your significant other which produces kids? :p haha (sorry for being long-winded to get around the subject)

this is what your "staff" would get int he east tower ~

4Seasons_staff.jpg

Way-way-way-way-wait. The east tower actually has suites in it being sold as Staff Residences? Is that why it's so much shorter? It's just the Downstairs part of an Upstairs/Downstairs condo complex? (Although I assume that most staff typically slept in the attic, it's just that they worked downstairs...)

well from what I gathered, only one 'staff residence' located in the east tower is included/available with your $30 million purchase of a penthhouse ... the rest of the east tower suites are sold as individual suites ... in fact I think this 680 sq.ft. unit could have been bought as a separate unit as well at the beginning, but it seems that it is no longer available (sold out likely?)

Back