Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

yeah i know it's off the fcp topic but what the fcp is that? and what is that long north/south structure that seems to empty out onto university ave? does anyone know?

Ah, brilliant. "Fcp" used as an epithet...

Maybe First Canadian Place will be our first LED lit skyscraper? I love how Hong Kong uses lights to create patterns or drawings on their buildings.

The CN Tower set the precedent for a beautifully lit building in Toronto. Bay-Adelaide seems to have cut their lighting scheme (is this final?). I wonder what a lit FCP would look like.

Maybe a simple four pillars of light would work. Dimly lit LED's lighting the cut corners of FCP would look nice. Maybe a lit single spire antenna?

I disagree. Look up at the CN Tower. Once again a symbol of pride. It's been over a decade, maybe two since I last walked downtown and saw so many necks leaning back and eyes peering up at the CN Tower and smiling.

Regarding LEED, office lights could be dimmed or even turned off at night since the LED's would take up their task of placing the building in the skyline.

I know lights are left on for cleaners, but most office lights could be shut off completely if fewer and more energy efficient LED's would light up the exterior of the building.

Regarding LEED, office lights could be dimmed or even turned off at night since the LED's would take up their task of placing the building in the skyline.

I know lights are left on for cleaners, but most office lights could be shut off completely if fewer and more energy efficient LED's would light up the exterior of the building.

Uhh... don't most offices these days use motion sensors to shut off unnecessary lights automatically anyway?

I don't think so, any time of the night that I look at FCP, plenty of lights are on. It's outside my living room window so I see it all the time.

how many people work overnight with overseas trading and such at FCP? I wouldn't be surprised if there were overnight investors in that building and the lights are on because there's actually people working... though I'd prefer teleworking if that was the situation myself.

Yes. You might be surprised how many people are working inside the big financial towers at night. Not only the cleaning staff and security, but in-building printing/IT departments are normally 24/7, as well as overnight traders, etc.

If you walk past at 2AM or 3AM, you will often see several people on smoke breaks standing near the building entrances.

Bill

Back