Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

But it doesn't look like the Holiday Inn. That's always a good thing.

The similarity is probably in the way that the rendering of the Festival Tower makes it seem like it flares outward as it increases in height [similar to the Ritz] however, with the Festival tower it's just smoke and mirrors... typical B.S. that developers often do with their renderings to make a boring building look a little more interesting.

Don't know who started this ridiculous "reverse perspective" hyper realism render art movement but forum members of course have access to most of the project elevations (planning reports) which give an accurate snapshot of the "real" building.

eg. How many here have looked at the elevations for L Tower? Much narrower than the render suggests, with an angled/sloped top. Probably different than pictured in the mind's eye.

corner cafe gone?

It looks like the cafe on the corner of John and King is gone which is too bad as I thought that touch added to street presence when there were no film events going on.

If you want to be a Complainer, at least try to pose a sensible argument/complaint. The Ritz and Festival are not even paternal twins.
I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at the profile of the Ritz, which isn't really reflected in most of the renderings. The outward taper, the "slit", and the slanted roof are all unusual elements that will easily make it a landmark.

ritz.jpg

If you want to be a Complainer, at least try to pose a sensible argument/complaint. The Ritz and Festival are not even paternal twins.

Ya, if you have spent hours and days and months to study it, of course it's not exactly the same. But for the general public, when they look at it, it's very similar. I didn't say they are the same. But the little curve on the top just look similar and all these buildings just happen to be under construction at the same time.

Back